Jump to content

Demand for excess payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi All,


Insurance company appointed a claim handler and the claim handler company appointed builders.


the work was done for cracks on wall and interior decoration.


I was told by the claim handler company that excess will be paid only when you are happy with the work.


The claim was submitted as subsidence issue.


after few months of work the cracks have appeared back at the same location.


I have been going on with the claim handler please fix it properly.


when you are asking for subsidence excess you should fix the subsidence issue instead

of decorating the house and fixing the crack with filler.


The claim handler has now agreed to continue the monitoring work for movement.


Yesterday I recd a letter from the builders to pay excess in 7 days.


Was wondering what all my options are before I talk to claims handler and builders.


Many Thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell the builders to deal with the insurers.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell the builders to deal with the insurers.


Yes you could that. But I would suggest that you raise this as a complaint with your Insurers. The works appear to be inadequate and you really need the Insurers to focus on dealing with you properly. If you don't complain, there is a danger of your claim being given very little attention.


You will have to pay the excess anyway at some point to someone. It is just part of your ongoing subsidence claim. Your Insurers will have settled the builders invoice to them less your excess. If this firm of builders will not be given any further work, then someone needs to pay them the excess. Your Insurers may ask you do settle the excess with the builder, even though the work has since been found inadequate. Another reason to elevate to a complaint.

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not necessarily the builders who are at fault if the cracks have reappeared, but a lot will depend on what has been asked to do by the insurers, and by the sounds of more monitoring only superstructure works to fill the cracks in has been done. If the cause of the subsidence has nit been addressed, then cracks will reappear.

I think the insurers adjuster needs to confirm either way that either a) the works requested by the builder were fine, but the subs has not been resolved. - meaning you pay the excess, but no further excess is to be paid for the new completion works or b) the building works requested was not up to standard - no excess to be paid until completion.


That's pretty shoddy for the cracks to appear so quickly, the insurers really need to get their act together when assessing dubs in the first place. I think either way you have grounds for concern.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...