I'm sorry your unhappy with the charges!

jonnytub
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I made a DPA request to Barclays Bank, and just got sent staements copies of the microfiche. Should I remind them, that I actually requested a summary of charges, or just work out all the charges and proceed on. What would I have to do to proceed please?

Thanks very much

Hi

I made a Data Protection Act request to Barclays Bank, and just got sent staements copies of the microfiche. Should I remind them, that I actually requested a summary of charges, or just work out all the charges and proceed on. What would I have to do to proceed please?

Thanks very much

Hi Rayman.

They're not going to send you a list of the charges, even though they are able to see at a glance from their own records what they are. That would be too much like helping them cut off their noses to spite their face!

Look for "Unpaids Out" and "Paid referral" references in the statements, highlight them then use the spreadsheet from this site. I used England Simple Excel found here .

Just one thing though, please start your own thread. It makes it easier for us to monitor your progress and answer queries.

Hope this helps you.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Thanks Welshman, in the progress of sorting it now with Bankfodder.

P.S. My claim was acknowledged on the 18th so that gives Barclays 28 days to reply, is that correct?

Also, I've still not had my Notice of acknowledgement sent through the post yet, I don't suppose that will be until after Christmas now.

No. It's surprising how many Claimants get this basic fact wrong.

You file, and the law states that it will have been deemed to have been served 5 days after that - regardless of whether it was served the next day. So, day 5 marks the start of the 14 days they are given to acknowledge. At the end of that 19 days, provided they've acknowledged, they then have a final 14 days in order to defend. That's a grand total of 33 days from the day you filed.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if I've got his right, Barclays acknowledged on the 18th, so that gives them an extra 28 days so they have until the 15th of January, is that correct? Or is it 14 days after acknowledmedgement?