• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Motormile Finance Legal Threats: Please help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rob sands must have something to do with this. Mucky hall used to do a similar thing and since Mr sands left, theyve gone pretty quiet, or should i say, more quiet than they used to be, while MMF have increased. Also, if he doesnt have anything to do with it, then he's a very VERY poor compliance director.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hellix contacted me by telephone again today, unlike with MMF and the previous companies I have been dealing with, upon hanging up they simply call again and leave a message. This message was utterly scandalous, it told me I had been booked in for a home visit and it even quoted the names of the other people who live in my house and for me to inform them. I wasn't having this and despite there already being a letter winging it's way to Hellix today I called them back and told them my situation and that I was explicitly unhappy with these threats, briefly explained my situation and told them I'd contacted them by post.

The man I spoke to was quite rude and aggressive to begin with but when met with my situation and my legal knowledge he started to twist and turn. He admitted that they were a 'sister company' of MMF and worked under the umbrella company, OPOS Limited, who they purchase the debt off. He couldn't tell me anything about the debt other than it's from a company called Minicredit and in the end he suggested I contacted OPOS, he gave me a telephone number and an address.

I've contacted them where I spoke to a woman who got more and more nervous as the conversation went on, she couldn't provide me with any more information either and when I requested the address and the name of the accounts manager she had to go and get another member of staff to check the spelling of the name.:| The more this conversation went on the clearer their lies and illicit behaviour became, I'm not convinced the person I have written too even exists and the moment I started to dispute the debt with a plausible story both Hellix and OPOS, but especially OPOS, became quite nervous and started to try and kick communication back to the other company.

Given upon researching both of these companies online and people's experiences seem to be that they are nasty, threatening anything-goes bully-boys, I found that if you are certain of your side of events and your legal rights that they start to panic and very quickly back down. Hellix have also broken OFT guidelines where fair practices are concerned as they have imitated legal standing to attempt to mislead of confuse an alleged debtor. The message is from a man claiming to be a debt enforcer who will be visiting my address and I am to inform the other people living here, the man I actually spoke too says this person is an adviser and can book me in for a home visit (which we all know probably won't happen). They've also sent me a letter which makes legal threats they couldn't possibly follow through on. I should also add the umbrella company OPOS have never contacted me. Isn't it quite odd that this is where the debt was supposedly purchased from because presumably that company couldn't reach a settlement with me, yet I have never received any communication from that company? First I've heard of them occurred today when I spoke to Hellix.:!:

What it seems is that these companies who are all presumably joint-owned, or at least in partnership, kick old and fraudulent debts between one another, use different approaches and tactics and do most of their business by phone in order to just try and get someone at the address and phone number they have to make a payment. All the many months and all the threats under the sun and I am yet to receive one of the following three things:

- Written proof of the debt including the full balance and breakdown, the account details and proof of the transaction and contract

- A visit from these so-called doorstep collectors.

- A CCJ or any other actual legal action against my name

I can't understand why, if this debt was genuine and they had fail-proof evidence, they haven't just taken me to court. They'd win, right? And I'd end up paying. I've never encountered such dodgy business practices in my life, their websites are a joke too, half of the services they claim to offer are unlawful and who would go to a backwater company like this when you could employ a reputable solicitor? But then I've probably answered my own question there, backwater companies!

Edited by Tomo1987

Rob sands must have something to do with this. Mucky hall used to do a similar thing and since Mr sands left, theyve gone pretty quiet, or should i say, more quiet than they used to be, while MMF have increased. Also, if he doesnt have anything to do with it, then he's a very VERY poor compliance director.

What's the betting Mucky Hall, MMF, Hellix, Capquest and OPOS are all one of the same company? And the actual name of the company isn't any one of those five?

What's the betting Mucky Hall, MMF, Hellix, Capquest and OPOS are all one of the same company? And the actual name of the company isn't any one of those five?

Research before supposition!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thats too far fetched to be anywhere near the truth. Even for a conspiracy theory.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thats too far fetched to be anywhere near the truth. Even for a conspiracy theory.

Why is it? Most PDL companies are owned by the same umbrella companies. You think DCAs who operate on their behalf wouldn't be the same? You'll note these pond-life DCAs rarely operate on behalf of national banks or reputable loan companies...

Because we know a LOT about the backgrounds of most of the DCA's and sub companies. We even had various media and official investigations through government agencies into them. Lets just say we know how most of them are connected and yours.... arent.

Because we know a LOT about the backgrounds of most of the DCA's and sub companies. We even had various media and official investigations through government agencies into them. Lets just say we know how most of them are connected and yours.... arent.

Well that's interesting then because Hellix told me today that MMF are, and I quote, their "sister company." Also confirmed OPOS as their "umbrella company and MMF's." I'm quite happy for this to be a lie also. Nothing would remotely surprise me.

Did they tell you in writing or by phone? DCA's will say anything on the phone as they dont care. The reps are simply told " heres the number, and info. Call them and do whatever it takes to get money from them". Now, if its in writing, thats a whole other ballgame.

Did they tell you in writing or by phone? DCA's will say anything on the phone as they dont care. The reps are simply told " heres the number, and info. Call them and do whatever it takes to get money from them". Now, if its in writing, thats a whole other ballgame.

Was over the phone unsurprisingly. Contact by any of these companies via letter is, shall we say, limited.

Its limited for a reason. They are told to say anything to get a debtor to submit. They wont put anything in writing, and even if you record a call, they are known to try and say that it was a cleaner or an intern that wasnt authorised to make the call.

Its limited for a reason. They are told to say anything to get a debtor to submit. They wont put anything in writing, and even if you record a call, they are known to try and say that it was a cleaner or an intern that wasnt authorised to make the call.

Well thanks for that information, it opens my eyes to a whole new world of deceitfulness on top of the one I already knew exist. This is why I keep telling them I will only discuss matters with them in writing so that I have a record of everything sent. I won't deviate from this path, no matter how hard they try.

And thats the way CAG recommends. it also creates a full paper trail as is your right when you are dealing with financial issues. It also stops the company trying to say they never agreed to something when you have it in writing that they did. if they refuse to put it in writing, then you know theyre pulling a fast one.

And thats the way CAG recommends. it also creates a full paper trail as is your right when you are dealing with financial issues. It also stops the company trying to say they never agreed to something when you have it in writing that they did. if they refuse to put it in writing, then you know theyre pulling a fast one.

These are precisely the reasons I am doing it. I know there is a good to excellent chance that I will receive nothing back from them in writing, which plays perfectly into my hands.

I think what is happening here is an old and quite common situation many creditors/debt purchasers and DCAs have business 'relationships' (partners in the loosest sense, e.g. the DWP refers to the DCAs they use as "private sector partners") we know that many debt purchasers use a specific DCA for collecting and managing debts I've seen these relationships quoted many times in the past.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Just a quick tip when dealing with Motor Mouth, NEVER NEVER pay them using a debit or credit card, past experience has taught me to use standing orders only for these clowns. I had set up a standing order with MMF sometime ago before I knew what they were like and at the same time I made a one off card payment for the same amount as the standing order, so as they put to keep the account up to date.

However when checking my bank statements I noticed regular debit card payments and standing orders to these cowboys, I contacted them and the phone muppet stated I had authorised a regular payment to be taken from my debit card...an MMF LIE and it was my responsibility to cancel any such further payments, yet another lie. They did not refund my debit card payments but adjusted my outstanding balance with the extra payments.

Only use standing orders for these jokers, that way you are fully in control of the amount that they receive and when they receive it.

Don't trust them and NEVER believe a word their phone advisers tell you.

Never use a credit/debit card for ANY DCA. SO is the ONLY method of payment unless they supply giro slips. regarding the amounts they debited, you do realise you can get them charged back as they were unauthorised/potentially fraudulant transactions right?

Your bank is completely wrong. Get back in touch and get those amounts charged back, unless you want nothing further to do with them.

• 1 month later...