style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

My mum and dad have just called me stressed as a baliff has turned up for my brother ( he was not in at the time )

They know what the amount is for and who it is from but when my dad said he was not in the baliff did not leave any paperwork and just left.

They have the court order so will the court know which baliff company is being used, both my brother and my mum suffer ( and have medical documentation ) of severe anxiety and depression and so my mum is already stressing massively about this

My brother had already offered a monthly repayment but this has obviously been rejected.

So my question is, will the courts know who the baliffs are and can they inform him?

If they send medical notification + a repayment offer is this likely to stop the action? I am worried about there health with it all

Many thanks

Depends what the bailiffs are collecting? Council tax or parking ticket/ court fine??

Regardless, as this has nothing to do with your parents and is in your brothers name, then the bailiffs CANNOT remove your parents goods.

They also CANNOT force entry.

Get a firm grip of your brother, and get him to deal with HIS debt.

Yes the courts will know which bailiff company they are using, but you need to know the court that dealt with the judgement.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The assumption therefore has to be that he has had a CCJ registered against him and that it is either the County Court Bailiff or if the debt is for more than £600 a High Court Enforcement Officer that has attended.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, thanks for all the advice,

My brother contacted the baliffs and set up a plan with them to stop them attending, however in less than a month they have added £1000+ in fees does this seem right? Here is the breakdown

udgment Debt 5,000.00

Judgment Cost 120.00

Credit: 300.00

Execution Cost: 60.00

Interest: 596.89

Total: 5,476.89

Daily Interest: 1.06

Fees: [-]

12 Accounts Management Fee 121.00

12 Administration and Compliance Fee - 282.30

6.2(b) Auction Inventory Fee 297.36

1 Percentage Fee 123.00

2 Mileage Fee 50.00

3 Seizure of Goods Fee 2.00

12 Attendance to Seize Goods Fee 181.50

4 Making Enquiries Fee 4.00

12 Case Allocation Fee NOS 12.10

Total Fees: 1,073.26

Vat on Fees: 214.65

Total Fees + Vat: 1,287.91

Totals: 6,764.80 Outstanding [-]

Grand Total: 6,764.80

Total Received: 0.00

Outstanding Balance: 6,764.80

I am confused when it says Auction Inventory Fee as no one has been in the property and they have only attended once

Also at what rate are claimants allowed to charge interest on a judgement as they seem to have added £596 in interest onto the judgement total