Defence filed - what next?

Pumpkinhead

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I was issued with a claim form for an old disputed credit card debt back in late Nov. I filed my defence which shows as submitted on the MCOL website on 12 Dec and received on 13 Dec.

Is it correct that if I don't hear anything back from the claimant within 28 days that the claim is automatically stayed?

Hope you can help.

My opinions are not expressed as an agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. My advice is given freely but please remember to always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star below.

Thanks for that mjt. Anyone else have thoughts on this>>>

My opinions are not expressed as an agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. My advice is given freely but please remember to always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star below.

I too believe that to be correct:madgrin:

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Pumpkin,

Unfortunately the Courts have been running behind because of the Christmas holidays.

As you have defended the Claimant will have been sent a copy of the Defence and, probably, asked to pay a fee if they wish to continue and take the matter to Court.

Both sides would be sent a Directions Questionnaire too.

I would have thought you should have received a copy of the Notice sent to the Claimant and the DQ by now.

Even if the Claimant doesn't reply within the time period Courts tend to send a reminder before they strike out anything!

You could ring up MCOL and ask them what is happening.

DD

Thanks for your help everyone. I think I will ring MCOL sometime next week to check. I've had a similar situation sometime back and with that after submitting my defence (I think the claimant was just trying it on...) it just went completely quiet and I didn't receive anything that time round. Fingers crossed!

yea think so i done everything on line and phoned them to check they got defence ok they told me they got it and i had a letter from court stating they have sent defence to claimant and they have 28 days to respond or it will be stayed 28days as been and gone ive heard nothing as yet

yea think so i done everything on line and phoned them to check they got defence ok they told me they got it and i had a letter from court stating they have sent defence to claimant and they have 28 days to respond or it will be stayed 28days as been and gone ive heard nothing as yet

Then the claim is stayed...you dont get a seperate response from the court to state it stayed.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread