Sega UK

sgm2007

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, my son wanted a game, we bought it online from sega uk, once paid we had an email with a code, we had to download something called steam and put the code into steam to download and install the game, we followed the instructions but the game would not work at all. I spoke to sega technical support to try and get the game working to no avail, eventually I asked for my money back as it was not working, the technical agent ignored me from that point not replying to anything, after a few days I contacted customer service via email from their site asking for a refund as technical support could not help me get the game working, I was pushed from pillar to post via different email addresses only top be told finally today that as I activated the game using the code in the email I was not eligible for any kind of refund (heres exactly what they have sent me) We are very sorry but as you can see in our Terms and Conditions we cannot comply with your refund request since: "4.4 - Distributor cancellation & refund policy: Video Games for which the Customer has received downloadable links and/or any serial numbers are non-refundable, whether based on technical failure of the Game, Customer inability to meet requirements to run the Game on the Customer's computer or lack of enjoyment while playing the Game. Refunds may be offered if all the following conditions are met: -The time of the Customer's request for refund/credit is less than 48 hours since the Service started; -The Game has not been activated or launched; -The Game serial numbers (activation key, multiplayer key, bonus key...) have not been transmitted and/or disclosed by the Customer to any third party; -Customer service has determined the Customer's refund request reasonable under special circumstances. Customer service will determine if a Customer meets the foregoing criteria for a refund. If a Customer feels he is qualified for a refund, he will have to contact Customer service." We would also like to add that we have sold you a Sega product that does indeed work as thousands of other users will agree. For further technical help we recommend that you contact Steam. they highlighted the line "the game has not been activated or launched" but you cant download the thing without using the code they sent!!, all I want is the money back for the game as it doesn't work, surely as I have done all in my power to get it working to no avail I should be able to get a refund!!

Did you check the system requirements prior to purchase? Does your computer meet the actual requirements of the game?

The issue may not necessarily be the game itself but something up with your computer.

Can you come back with the system requirements from the purchase page of the game, and the system specification of your computer?

Did you check the system requirements prior to purchase? Does your computer meet the actual requirements of the game?

The issue may not necessarily be the game itself but something up with your computer.

Can you come back with the system requirements from the purchase page of the game, and the system specification of your computer?

my machine more than meets the spec of the game (I work in IT so would not have considered buying if I did not meet the minimum requirements), the game fires up, then brings an error saying it has encountered a problem and needs to close

requirements for game

OS : Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 (Windows 7 / 8 recommended) I have windows 7 pro

CPU: 2 GHz Intel Dual Core / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core (2nd Generation Intel Core i5 recommended) I have a 3.2 GHz processor

Memory: 1 GB (XP), 2 GB (Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8) (4 GB recommended) I have 8GB of RAM

Video Memory: 512 MB VRAM, Shader model 3 (1024 MB recommended) I have ASUS Radeon HD7850-DC2-2GD5-V2 - 2 GB

HDD: 30 GB I have 1 TB

DirectX: 9.0c directX 11 I have spoken with segas tech support guys via email but they could not get it going

You say you work in IT, yet just from the way you listed your specs, i would argue against that.

Can you post your actual full specs? The game you have listed has very low sys req's. Just remember though, that even if you meet or exceed those specs, there are other things that come into play, such as Drivers/Directx/C++ runtime/generic compatability etc . All of this you should know, if you work in IT.

But thats going off on a tangent.

Can i ask, have you tried any updates/compatibility settings, even creating a new user with admin rights and see if it works through that?

What game was it?

Also, how did you pay for the game?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I can assure you I do work in IT, I was asked to put the requirements of the game on here, I did so as its listed word for word on the site, right next to this is the level of my machine in relevance to the requirement, had I been asked for further information regarding other areas I would have included this. In relation to your post - windows is fully updated, as is the game and my graphics drivers, I have tried running the game in compatibility but get the same error, I have been speaking with steam and have tried running some gaming mods with it to force it to run but I get the same error, and I had tried a new user account with admin rights to no avail the game was total war rome II and it was paid for on debit card

have you used total wars support site?#

Also, you said you posted your specs, but you gave generic info. Do you use a desktop/laptop, what type of CPU? Do you use crossfire? Do you have switchable graphics etc?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D