• Tweets

• you've already got a CCJ   they said either pay the judgement CCJ sum and as long as this is within 28 days of the judgement date it wont then show [there is no fee] or fill out an N244 which has a fee of £255, but risk losing and paying the CCJ and your £255 fee + any court costs by the claimant in attending the set aside hearing if you lose.   so what did you do?    
    • Hi the following may be useful. (from the link you provided) the Company you are dealing with.   Home Furnishings U.K. Limited Rapyal Business Park Dewsbury Road Cleckheaton West Yorkshire BD19 5BT   Company Number: 04981075   Directors: Mr Mohammed Amjad, Appointed 1st Feb 2011 - Mr Sajid Hussain, Appointed 12th May 2005   Note: look at this link of their T&C: https://www.hf4you.co.uk/terms-and-conditions (why under '1. INFORMATION ABOUT US' is their Registered Office Address completely different to the below Companies House link Registered Office (Address posted above)?)   Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04981075/filing-history   Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/04981075-home-furnishings-u-k-limited   BizDb link: https://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/home-furnishings-uk-limited-04981075/  
    • Hi and Welcome to CAG     I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum as you refer to " Loan Repayments "...perhaps you could expand to get a response to your problem. You refer to s.140 is this  a regulated CCA1974 agreement ?   Andy
    • you cant claim both   dx  
    • right slow down and follow the correct advice I've removed various links you have posted as they have obviously lead you up the wrong garden path to take since you started to sort this issue.   your story is extremely confusing because you have wrongly followed 1001 things that you shouldn't have done in the 1st place   by following that info to date you have confused things so badly that it very difficult to work out exactly what you have and haven't done to date.   I will summarise what I believe here has happened as its a lot simpler to sort your issue than what you have done to date however there might be questions yet to be answered BEFORE we can recommend what you should do next.   to me it looks like you have received a council Penalty charge notice [fine] AND  a speculative invoice CCJ and have confused the two?   I say this because newlyns are bailiffs and they dont get involved in private parking ticket matters. and the figure of £359.63 is NOT correct as it doesn't i bet correspond to the total of the sum claimed on the UKCPM claimform?   so you've not actually paid off the CCJ to newlyns but another council penalty charge notice not related at all to the CCJ this makes sense as your mention a second fine from UKCPM [which in not a fine]   please bear with us we need to see...   the original UKCPM windscreen ticket the notice to keeper from UKCPM. any letter from newlyn that you have.   scan these up to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY. read upload   as for the CCJ. im pretty sure you are getting the streets mixed up between the council pcn and the UKCPM speculative invoice one/CCJ   you haven't paid the CCJ within 28days therefore even if you pay it now it wont be removed   the only way to get the CCJ removed is to set it aside. however ..have you a copy of the claimform and the judgement CCJ? too
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2119 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello there, after getting great advice on my first question I posted here, I thought I'd see what advice I can get with this issue I'm having!

I've been renting an apartment for 6 months and the tenancy is due to be renewed at the end of this month, I thought I would just have to phone them up to say I would like to stay another 6 months, but they said I have to come in, and then pay them £99 for mine and the landlords "security"...

Is this the letting agency trying to claw more agency fees? If so, is there anything I can say to not have to pay?

Thanks a lot in advance

I presume there is a deposit already held in an appropriate system?

I do not understand the requirement for a further payment as a 'security' a small charge maybe ok for rewriting the tenancy agreement but imo £99.00 is excessive.

Personally I would demand a full explanation as to what this charge actually is.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Personally I wouldn't go in and sign anything, I'd just ignore them!

At the expiry of your initial 6 month tenancy, your tenancy will turn a periodic ('rolling') tenancy, which continues until either you or your landlord make steps to stop it (you by offering 1 month notice, landlord by more complicated means!). You are not obliged to agree a new fixed term contract.

I've said to them on the phone that I would come in on Saturday to sort this out, think it is worth me phoning them saying I'd rather let the tenancy turn onto the rolling periodic tenancy?

Just ignore them. Sounds like the agents are trying to make a quick buck, so to speak.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I presume there is a deposit already held in an appropriate system?

I do not understand the requirement for a further payment as a 'security' a small charge maybe ok for rewriting the tenancy agreement but imo £99.00 is excessive.

Personally I would demand a full explanation as to what this charge actually is.

Yeah, when I signed up for the tenancy I had to pay 1 months rent in full as a deposit, I'll phone them up asking for an explanation and get back to you.

I would not be surprised if they are also charging the landlord for the renewal.

You want that explanation in writing, so they cant try and say they never said anything.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've just sent them an email:

-----------------------

Hi,

I'm a tenant at *** and spoke to *** on the phone the other day.

She said something about a £99 fee for both mine and the landlords security, which I must pay when renewing my tenancy.

Can you please detail in full what this fee is for?

Regards,

-----------------------

Will let you know their reply.

They never replied, so I phoned them today asking about the "security fee", he said that whoever I spoke to the other day was wrong, it's not a security fee it is an agency fee for the paperwork they have to do.

Any advice on a next move?

So, they finally replied to my email with the below:

Hello ****,

Apologies for the delay I have been out of the office since Saturday.

Yes you are correct, but only if both parties agree, meaning you as the tenant and your landlord. A majority of landlords would request new contracts in place as this guarantees them income on the properties that they let out. Your landlord normally insists on fix term contracts for exactly that reason, however, I will approach your landlord and see if she will, on this occasion, be happy with you moving onto a periodic term (meaning no fixed term).

Leave it with me and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Regards

Do you think they'll actually ask her? Or claim they have and then try to push for the charges again?

They have no choice it automatically rolls over into a periodic tenancy; however LL can give two months for repossession.

Make sure your deposit has been protected, they should give you details of who its with and reference no. no protection then any notice is invalid.