Advice needed please

fathead
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having a problem with a company who have said they would pay me compensation for costs I have incurred .

They promised to pay me 50% of costs which I have in writing.

I paid the bill for something to a third party with my credit card.

The company who now owe me 50% asked for a copy of my card statement which I got from credit card bank.

It is a black and white printout with all details of payment to third party.

The company are telling me they will not accept it as they want a colour statement .

The card company have said that what they have sent me is standard copy statement and can't provide what the company is asking for ie colour copy.

I am now thinking of small claims court can

I ask for compensation as company have suggested that I may have made statement myself on computer

What other costs could I add to my claim against them as I feel as they have implied I am a criminal.

This company is a big firm well known on the high st which is why I am being vague about details.

Anyone help please ?

Hi fathead,

We'd love to help but your post is very confusing.

You paid the bill for something to a third party.

Why does the high street company owe you compensation?

Why are they only paying you 50% of the costs you incurred?

What connection has the high street company with the third party whose bill you paid?

DD

Sorry for it being so vague and confusing

The third party is a hotel

The company is a travel agent

It has no connection to hotel apart from messing up a booking

They agreed 50% split as compensation as I was stranded and had to get another hotel in resort

The original holiday was not paid by credit card so no rule 75 unfortunately

Hi DD

That is right

The hotel booking had to be done on Internet because of best price etc

I have given them the email confirmation and invoice which says fully paid,but they said I could have done that myself.

Which is why I provided the copy card statement but as earlier post they are now saying they need colour statement

This is why I feel like a criminal and would like to be compensated if possible to hurt them in the pocket for the stress it's caused me

It's all getting ridiculous now they're just moving the goal posts all the time

This has been going on for over 6 months and I have had enough of the delaying tactics from branch manager and customer service

Hi fathead,

Unfortunately unless the manager libels you or slanders you to a third party I don't think you'll get damages.

However if you do have to issue a County Court Claim you can add interest.

I think you should ask the hotel to write to you on their headed paper confirming that you were staying there and paid your bill of £xx on [date]. I'm sure they will be helpful.

Then write to the branch manager giving him 14 days to pay up or you will issue a claim and this will incur court costs as well as interest.

Send a copy of the letter to their head office. If you can find an email address for the CEO send it there. Otherwise send it by recorded delivery addressed to the CEO.

Hopefully the hotel will get a letter sent off to you quickly if you explain the circumstances.

DD

The branch manager said about the hotel email in front of her staff and my son and his friend

The customer service guy said the same about the copy statement to my son.Would that be slander ?

He also asked me to ring my card company and get them to confirm transaction while he listened in to call on a three way system

I refused because of security reasons but just give you an idea of the standard of staff this company has

8%

however if you've suffer credit card interest

then you can use that till you file

then 8% till they settle

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...