• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

hillies/dlc and a citi card debt CCA from 2001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section or has been answered elsewhere.

I am dealing with Hillesden/dlc and am going to send a CCA request for the original credit card agreement.

I have read a lot on here regarding the CCA request and what they must supply but

my question is this:

The credit card agreement, with Citi, was taken out in 2001,

so do they have to send a copy of the original signed agreement,

or can they just send a true copy of what the agreement was back then,

without my signature.

I understand that a lot of agreements prior to 2007 were inaccurate or didn't comply with certain guidelines?

Many thanks for your help, and sorry again if posted in the wrong place!

Hi,

As it is pre-2007, Hillsdens/DLC have to send you a complete copy of your credit agreement, the correct terms and conditions which you were also given at the time, the correct calculated rate of APR etc.

If taken out online, full copy of a ticked box/written name in-place of your signature as well as the above.

When you receive anything back, please scan in, remove all personal information including agreement numbers and barcodes and post up.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Thanks Stigman, much appreciated. It wouldn't have been an online application I wouldn't have thought, seeing as it was 2001 and am going to have a dig through the paperwork I have here to see if I still hold a copy.

Will post up once I get a reply from Hillesden.

I've moved your thread to the citi forum

if you read a few threads here

you'll see that them getting the CCA

is pretty much 0%.

tell us the story please?

I hope you are not paying anyone for this 'debt'

not got BMIBABY involved too have you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well the slightly shortened version of the story is this.

Just before Xmas I received a letter from dlc, offering a discounted repayment on a debt that was supposedly with a company called 'Associates'.

Until then I had received no other letters from dlc, so was a little confused.

In this letter they had also stated that if I didn't contact them within 14 days they would send a doorstep adviser round.

I responded by asking for further clarification as to who the original creditor was, as Associates didn't ring true

and also advised them, that I was unwilling to meet with any doorstep advisers,

that if they attended to visit my property, then they would have to make an appointment,

and that I would not be making an appointment of any kind.

The response to my reply, which came yesterday, was rather stroppy to say the least.

They are saying that I am the debtor,

they have proof that they have corresponded with the correct person (although what this is they won't say),

that the original debt was with Financial, for a credit card ,which was taken out in 2001,

that I must complete the income/expenditure form and return to them

and that I am incorrect in saying that they will have to make an appointment to visit me at home,

that all they have to do is give reasonable notice of the visit( surely this is the same thing?),

should this form not be completed and a payment schedule made.

The account was passed to them in 2007 and they claim that payments were made by me in 2011.

I have checked my bank statement, and there were no payments made to them, from me, in March 2011.

I am going to complete a CCA request, as I am not entirely sure that this is my debt.

But if, as some have suggested, they don't have to send a signed copy,

how can they prove it is or prove it isn't?

Many thanks, to all of you that have replied so far!

discount = bad lemon debt.

ideally you should have not responded to the doorstepper or any letter

you've done what they wanted you to do - react to their phishing letters

and spoofed you into contacting them.

just remember that a DCA or their fake/tame solicitor ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and nave NO SUCH BAILIFF POWERS.

you need to now put them to STRICT PROOF

as to:

who

when

by what method

and

where

those payments were made.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx, will be on it this week. Am going to start with a CCA request and see what comes back, if anything. After reading a lot of posts on here, seems that whenever this is requested they go a bit quiet, funny that. Will also be asking for proof of when payments were made, who or by what means it was paid etc and see what they say. As i online bank, I can go back through years of statements, not that they know that is the case, and at least I have proof that no payment was made from my account.

I am assuming that while all of this is going back and forth, they have to cease any collection activity as the debt is clearly in dispute?

Should have just ignored them really, seems a lot of other people have had a pretty lousy experience with these people over the years. Oh and in answer to your question, seems it's just Citi they are representing, if you can call it that.

Also as far as threatening a door step visit they can't, they can not force you to talk to them just tell the politely to fog off, if you can record them with your mobile phone camera and keep it till needed, that's if they turn up, then if they get moody on you just call the police, same goes if they refuse to leave your property.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.