I am so stupid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3747 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just had a phonecall on my landline asking me to confirm some details

I said ok (i was expecting a phone call about something anyway that would require some details)

when he asked if where i was living I told him only for him to then go I'm so and so from something location services

and we have a client who is trying to track you down

I asked who was after me and he wouldn't say but asked to confirm an address I haven't lived at for almost 5 years.

I said I couldn't remember he said ok and hung up.

I googled the number and it was Wescott debt collection.

The address he was after was one I had when I was a student in a different town to where I am living now

and I did screw up financially while I was there.

I had a hsbc overdraft and credit as well as a natwest overdraft and credit card.

Now I have paid off the HSBC credit card and theNatwest overdraft a couple of years ago and

the last payments I made on the other 2 were through a debt management service and

the last payment that I made to them was January 2009 (I think).

I didn't pay the last two off because I lost my job at the time so cancelled the management plan.

I don't know which debt Westcot are after but do I need to be worried?

especially now since I have stupidly confirmed my current address

Edited by Conniff

No need to be worried at all. Stay calm and wait to see if they ever send anything in the post.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is most unwise to give personal data on the phone to anyone who does not state who they are, you are not obliged to do so and should decline to answer these 'security' questions if they are not sure they have the right person then this company should not be contacting you.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Brig and Imp are right... Dont beat yourself up... These impotent DCAs rely you on being unaware at the time and try to catch you off guard.

You will learn young pad-wan! If i ever do get a phone call from these freaks.... I just pretend that im partially deaf and let them get frustrated... I can go all day.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

asked to confirm an address I haven't lived at for almost 5 years.

last payments I made on the other 2 were through a debt management service and the last payment that I made to them was January 2009 (I think).

Do you now live in Scotland? If so the debt could be Statute Barred because it is 5 years in Scotland, 6 years in the rest of the UK meaning another year to go before SB status.

You also need to check your credit report to check what is listed and it will also show who is the owner of any debts.

As Brig says, you do not have to give your personal information on the phone, if they ring back (be aware that DCA's use multiple telephone numbers and some even appear as local area codes) refuse the DPA questions, say "in writing only" and hang up.

Wait for something in the post, when it does come, don't panic, just log on here and start a threat.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

shame you got into the DMP too

I hope it was not a fee paying one?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...