Vodafone charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi group. Need some help with a £760 bill from Vodafone. I got a iPhone for my 17 year old neice on a 24mth contract 21mths ago (so 3 left) at a monthly charge of £32. She has learning disabilities and the words 'no' and 'dont' mean little.

I should never have gotten it as back in July I noticed (after a few mnths of it) a £600 bill for June.

When I queried this with Vodafone they said the charges had been rattled up using premium rate messages at £10 a throw. I asked them to restrict the service to incoming only.

A month later I paid them the 600 and reconnected the phone *if* a bar was put in place so I didn't get any more nasty bills like that.

But she kept doing it. Same thing. It's a website you enter your number on and buy things for a virtual 'doll'. Click buy and it sends a text you confirm which charges £10.

I contacted them and they're insisting it's valid and is owed. How is this possible? Surely this 'bar' that was put in place should have prevented her doing that?

It isn't funny. Nearly 2000 she spent 6mths ago and now it's repeated. 300 one month, 450 the next. It only came to the fore as my bank account was literally empty and the bank refused 767 payment.

I really am shocked and at my wits end. My fault for not keeping a better eye so I paid last time but surely I now have some recourse since Vodafone themselves say a restriction *was* put in place 6th of July.

just the wrong one. Surely this is their fault?

Basically the bill was hundreds every month. I asked for a bar to stop it recurring but they didn't and it has.

Can anyone help me? Many thanks, Mary

there is a Vodaphone rep on here so am sure he will be able to help

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Thanks bobcat :-) Am really worrying about this this time... It's not a won't pay but a can't. Especially when I thought it dealt with. Taking a loan out to pay for a virtual doll's shoes will be very hard to take.

you are welcome, you will find a lot of help on here and am sure someone will be along very soon

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have moved your posts to the Telecoms forum where the VF rep mostly resides.

Can you follow the instructions in this link fully

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2013**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

Once that is done, you will (eventually) get an automated reply number. Please post this up on this thread.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Now that you have a link to play with on to Vodafone.

I'm afraid that it is likely VF will not have any discussions with you on their systems. For whatever reason (my opinion-p*ss poor training) the 'customerservice' (or lack thereof) reps tend not to make complete notes on the system when contact is made. Hopefully that will not be the case here.

Lee (the VF rep) does have some good results so let's hope he can help.

I would suggest you send VF a SAR to get as much account info as possible and also get any records you have of contact you had with VF (phone records-email records)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Mary,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

To enable me to get things looked into, could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK