@HastingsHelp Hastings Direct won't let me buy car back

mart1g
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When providing an offer for my car (deemed a total loss by Hastings Direct), I enquired about buying the car back(which has or will be category d) as I'm aware that many car insurance companies offer this to customers.

However, I was told that I would not be able to - this is something which I'd need to discuss with the salvage company.

Surely as the other person has admitted liability, Hastings Direct are just trying to make money out of me, when I'm not costing them a penny - it's the other's party's insurance ultimately paying. I don't understand how my car insurance company has the right to tell me I can't buy the car back. I pay my car insurance with the expectation that in a claim where I'm not at fault, my insurance company will offer me the best service.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Really not happy

This has come up before on CAG I believe. The Hastings rep who posts here, managed to resolve this and the car was able to be taken back by the policyholder.

So hopefully on Monday the Hasting rep will reply and you can pass on your details, so you can get this resolved.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi unclebulgaria67,

This is what I thought - I've been trying to search for a case which was almost identical to mine.

Hasting Direct have said to me that they have never heard of any such case, but I'm almost certain this isn't the case.

Hi unclebulgaria67,

This is what I thought - I've been trying to search for a case which was almost identical to mine.

Hasting Direct have said to me that they have never heard of any such case, but I'm almost certain this isn't the case.

This thread may help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?378860-Hastings-Direct-sold-our-car-without-our-agreement

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would just copy and paste the previous message to the new email address, mart :)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi honeybee13,

Jamie from Hastings has acknowledged my email and has passed this onto the claims management team for review; no indication of timescales was given though.

Thanks, Martin

Hi honeybee13,

Jamie from Hastings has acknowledged my email and has passed this onto the claims management team for review; no indication of timescales was given though.

Thanks, Martin

Thank you for that. Hopefully Jamie will spot this thread again tomorrow and be able to tell you what's happening or when you could reasonably be expected to hear something from Hastings.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Martin, I will request an update on your file now and ask that you are contacted today to discuss this. Many Thanks, Jamie

Thanks Jamie - this would be much appreciated.

Martin

An update on this thread:

I have been told that I will be allowed to keep my car, which is great! If I decide to continue driving the vehicle, I will however lose my ability to drive other another party's car until I send an invoice to prove that the damage has been fixed.

This has halted the 're-valuation' on my car which is was due to receive the outcome on Friday 17th Jan. This was despite finding 10 examples of the same car with similar mileage, same spec or lower, between £300-£900 higher than mine.

I've been told that I'm already getting a better offer than I should, the revaluation won't come back higher and if I were to complain directly via Hastings Direct or via an ombudsman the valuation will not increase.

I feel like the only option now is to accept, given that this has dragged on for a while now and I've already had the hassle of doing market research, sending recent receipts.

Hastings did that to my brother years ago. He used his legal cover and took action. They ended up paying out much more !

Insurance makes my blood boil. Take you for all they can. Then when you 'claim' they take you for more !

Hastings did that to my brother years ago. He used his legal cover and took action. They ended up paying out much more !

Insurance makes my blood boil. Take you for all they can. Then when you 'claim' they take you for more !

I couldn't agree more 2ltr16valve! I really wish I'd taken legal cover. What annoys me is that the other person was at fault and has admitted this, so ultimately, Hastings Direct will recoup any payout