Question on Buying Car Tax

snowdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can inform me on car tax please

I had to buy another car yesterday

but if has no tax,

I contacted my insurance company to change over the details and asked how long the new insurance would take to come

as I needed it to tax the car,

only to be told you now no longer need to take insurance to the post office to tax it,

is this right?

TIA

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

so do I normally but as the car has no tax doubt can do it online, took me 4 hours just to get through to insure it!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

thanks, need the tax asap but will give it a go but DVLA would not have received the log book yet so would not know I am now the owner

I was going to say that.

If you tax it now the new disc will go to the last owner,

also if you get tax online after the current disc has run out then your still not covered if you get stopped.

Ask your insurance company to email your policy to you so you can print it out and take to the post office.

As far as I know you still need insurance docs at the post office to get your tax disc.

that is what I thought, I do not have a printer. It was my insurance company that said from last month you no longer needed to take your insurance documents to tax a car as you are automatically put on a data base soon as you get insurance

Although you can tax your car online, it is still an offence for not displaying. Not that I have ever been concerned about that mind.

If a new owner takes out a licence on-line or by post, there are 14 days grace for the offence of failing to display.