Sending detailed particulars on MCOL

lawmon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3716 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I submitted a claim through moneyclaim online and clicked the option for sending detailed particulars direct to the defendant. What I'd like to know is, what do I include in the detailed particulars, do they have to follow some kind of standard format and lastly, can I send them via email or do I have to post them out?

I'd certainly appreciate any advice, thanks!

Okay thanks, I'll make sure to post it out. I'll just give you a quick outline of the case, I don't think it's very complex to be honest:

I'm a self-employed freelancer and was contacted by a company asking me to design a new website for them. A price, timescale, design etc was agreed, the site was completed and I invoiced them. Since finishing it, I didn't hear from them at all - no calls emails anything. After many emails and phonecalls I eventually spoke to the main guy at the company and he came up with some rubbish excuse for not getting back to me. Anyway, time goes on and still no payment (the site was finished last June!) so I got tired of waiting and began proceedings against them. Basically, I carried out a service which I haven't been paid for.That pretty much sums it up anyway!

Did you follow the pre action protocols including issuing a LBA?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Make sure you file your N215 in time, you can find the correct form at post #8

If its within the threshold for small claims it may take a punt on defending if there's a limited risk to costs exposure

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part07/pd_part07e

Particulars of claim and certificate of service

6.1 Where the particulars of claim are served by the claimant separately from the claim form pursuant to paragraph 5.2(2), the claimant must –

(1) serve the particulars of claim in accordance with rule 7.4(1)(b); and

(2) file a certificate of service in form N215 at Northampton County Court within 14 days of service of the particulars of claim on the defendant.

6.2 The certificate of service may be filed at the court by sending form N215 by e-mail to [email protected]. However, the subject line to the e-mail must contain the claim number.

6.3 The claimant must file the particulars of claim at the court to which the proceedings are transferred under paragraph 12.1 or 12.2 within 7 days of service of the notice of transfer by the court.

6.4 Where the proceedings are not transferred under paragraph 12.1 or 12.2 and remain at Northampton County Court, the claimant is not required to file the particulars of claim at that court unless ordered to do so.

• 1 month later...

Hi, just thought I'd give a bit of an update to my case. I proceeded with the claim and got a judgement by default and received a cheque from the defendants a few days after that! Thanks for the help here anyway!