style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter is on an apprentiship at a photograhy studio. Over xmas and new year they shut for the 2 week period, my daughter has not been paid for this period and she won't ask her boss whether she is to be paid or not. My partner and I are a bit unsure of asking on her behalf as her boss is also a family friend.

Any advice?

Hi, what does the apprenticeship agreement say about holidays?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

If it is a proper apprenticeship and not an odd zero hours have to ask for your holiday pay type contract, which is why it's important to know what is written down :)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hi as already mentioned by the others, this will be all be dependent on her contract. However, every apprentice is entitled to 20 days plus bank holidays which is accrued from the day they start. If your daughter has taken no holidays then she may well be entitled to holidays if she has been there long enough. I would have thought she would at least be paid the bank holidays (3 days). It is probably best she speaks to her Line Manager or someone who runs the payroll or in charge of HR. Hope this helps.