Help Required - No Free Audi Servicing - Am I Being Done?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can give me some helpful advice. I purchased an Audi last year around 8 months ago - It is an Approved Used car and I have Audi finance. I was told (verbally) that I would get free servicing. I never thought anything of this until today when I went to book a service at my local Audi garage and was told that there is no free servicing on the system. I contacted the dealer I purchased from and have been told that the finance agreement didn't include free servicing, and that I would have signed papers related to servicing when signing the finance agreement with the lady who organised it.

At the point of purchase, I wasn't to know that a free servicing offer/agreement is tied in with the finance agreement. Anyway - it appears I have no leg to stand on even though I am 100% sure I was told that by a salesman. I even remember having a conversation with regards to where I can take the car to for servicing ie. does it have to be the dealer I purchase from or will any Audi dealer suffice.

Also - while looking at the order form today for my car, it states that my car should have cruise control. My car definitely doesn't have cruise control and to be honest, it's not one of the extras that I thought I had and it's not something that I was looking out for however having noticed it on the order form, it's come to my attention that it's definitely not on there. Can this be used as some sort of leverage?

I agree at the end of the day it's my fault for not following through with checking if I have paperwork for 2 years free servicing but a part of me just thought that it would be on the system somewhere. Talk about being naive.

The sales rep is checking with the advertising company that their Audi garage use so they can check whether the control cruise was on the advert. I've not heard anything back yet but if they do say that it was't - does that change things? I know it's been 8 months and I haven't noticed the cruise control issue but surely if they're using paperwork against me to say that I can't have free servicing then surely I can do the same?

The only reason you took out the finance/purchase was the enticement of free servicing. Send a letter to the manager of the dealer you bought the car from by recorded delivery and make a complaint that you have been mis-sold the finance. Name the salesman that told you these things.

Thanks for the reply - however I'm not 100% sure if that was an actual offer at the time. The only reason free servicing was brought up was because I was trying to get myself a good as deal as possible (as you do). They went as low as they could on the price so I did say I wanted 2 years free servicing and the sales rep said ok.

Then that was it, the straw that broke the camels back was 'ok'. Yuo have nothing whatsoever to lose by writing to them except the cost of postage.

what about the cruise control side of things?

You have the proof that the car was sold with so check the difference in price of the car with and without the CC and ask for that difference back.

Again, why not write a general non nasty or demanding letter to the boss mentioning that you were promised free service and that the car was supposed to have cruise control and see how he responds.

You have the proof that the car was sold with so check the difference in price of the car with and without the CC and ask for that difference back.

Again, why not write a general non nasty or demanding letter to the boss mentioning that you were promised free service and that the car was supposed to have cruise control and see how he responds.

Thanks for the tips, will write a letter and see where I go from there.

If they come back saying he was never authorised to offer such a thing, then you can reply that that's not your problem.

If they say no such thing was offered, sentences like 'I don't like being called a lair' seem to work well, they have with me.