TFL prosecution!!!! - ** SETTLED BEFORE COURT **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys

Thanks for your replies. I will ring again sometime this week...i have written a letter again last week..no reply as of yet..probs ring them on friday..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello But when I first rang tfls prosecution department, he said it wont appear on CRB checks as it is a private prosecution. He said they share this information with the police...thanks

I didn't think it would either since it is a private company. It is simply a private company taking you to court to claim back on losses for you not buying a ticket. Simular to a private car park "fine". Bazza says otherwise so I assume he knows something I don't.

Completely wrong I'm afraid.

If you are charged with the criminal offence of intending to avoid a fare contrary to S.5 RoRA (1889) it is commonplace to require an ASN, which results in a criminal record upon conviction.

If you are charged with a breach of the strict liability requirement of National Railways Byelaw 18 this is not what is known as a recordable offence and although there is a register record of a conviction at a Court, this does not make it to PNC records. A conviction for this offence does not appear as a criminal record.

It does not matter whether it is a private prosecution or a matter brought by the CPS, it is the offence charge that determines whether a criminal record ensues or not.

Hello Guys

I called today to ask about my letter that I wrote to them after I got court summons. The guy said they did respond but unfortunately they sent it to the wrong address and he said he will re-send it to the correct address.

Basically, the letter was that they agreed for an OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT and the amount to be paid.

Am so happy and relieved and thank you so much for your help guys.

sam

Hello Guys

Got the letter today and they want to settle out of court for £400 pounds....a bit expensive but I will take it over a criminal record...thanks a lot guys...certainly i have learnt my lesson..

farewell

• 2 weeks later...