• Tweets

• Seems they think they are… 🤣   Should I be putting my car on my drive? Only have space for 1 vehicle and usually have my work van on there.
    • no .....who do you think moneybarn-  are some super power you've paid over a 1/3rd they can't snatch the car and if they do its the best thing they could have done as it would void the agreement and you'd get everything paid back and the car for free.   dx  
    • Thanks for posting up the answers so quickly.   You are slightly wrong in Law that not seeing a notice is virtually a get out of jail card. Were it the case, then every motorist would say they hadn't seen the signs . Of course the signs have to be situated where motorists can see them and the font size has to be big enough to read-perhaps from a moving car so you still have options there-especially if it is a new car park and the bugs haven't been sorted out yet.   Are you close enough to get photos from the car park? especially at the entrance and the payment machine but also other dotted around the car park and any that have different terms on their sign compared to others. try not to get a PCN if you do. If you know someone in Berwick they could send you some pictures. It might cost you a dram but saves your petrol-and maybe your bacon.   You haven't posted the PCN that you should have received from PE after the Finance company gave them your name. Did you receive  a Notice to Driver  -something similar to the one sent to the Finance company.after the Finance company reported you.  No I don't mean the crap you received from DCBL:.   The reason we advise not to appeal is that in doing so the motorist often gives away the fact that they were the driver when they are appealing as the keeper.  Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 if the PCN is not compliant, the keeper cannot be held liable for the alleged debt. And even if the keeper and driver are the same person, should the case ever get to Court PE cannot assume that the driver and keeper are the same person.    If you have given away that you are the keeper and the driver it is not fatal as there usually other things that  can be challenged and won but it is best practice not to appeal in the first place.    
    • That was over very quickly.   Whilst the claimants legal representative was going through the witness statement the judge highlighted that the statement of truth was out of date.    During my time to talk I highlighted that the judge from the allocation to small claims track had requested that the claimant also sends through the signed agreement (that the statement of truth references) by both company directors with witnesses present. It was noted that this hadn't been done.    I am very happy to announce the judge was then quick to dismiss the case, all this taking place within 15 minutes. The judge also highlighted the discrepancy between the signage of 1hour and 1hour and 30 mins (which I received during the freedom of information request) to which the legal representative admitted he had not seen. The fleecers hadn't forwarded on the freedom of information request or my witness statement/defence to him.    Speaking with the legal representative before the case he had asked if he could look over my defence, I was reluctant to let him look before the case but was curious to what defence he could conjure in 5minutes so I accepted. He then said that he would ask the judge for proof that I had sent my defence in good time, I showed him (before the hearing) an email I sent on the 6th April that I had infact sent it to DCB Legal, after this he did not mention it in court. It was clear that he had received very little information in regards to the case this was something he conceded at the end.    The judge asked for any final words and I brought up the topic of exceptional expenses due to the nature of the case being so definite. Also wasting everyone's time in the court room, the fleecers should be given the harshest penalty. She advised that I had not submitted a counter claim and that the maximum would be £95 for loss of earnings expenses.  We then proceeded to work out how much my salary was etc and the fleecers legal rep accepted I should be awarded the maximum.   I would like to thank you all for your help and time with sorting through this with me! Once the expenses have been paid I will make a donation the the page!!! Thanks again!!!  
  • Our picks

Transcom?

Ronnie1234

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone heard of this company?

Called house earlier partner answered said I was here passed phone to me.

They said had I received letter I said no & they said they were sending me another copy in post about a personal business matter?

Hi

There is a DCA called Transcom so it could very well be them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Deffo a DCA, had dealings a while ago with them and the rest of their 'made up' partners.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?130085-Maroondevo52-v-CBS-Transcom-***WON***&highlight=maroondevo52+transcom

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

This is the OFT'S veiw.........

The debt collector should:

• use language you understand

• contact you at reasonable times

• only come into your home if you have invited them to

• tell you the time and date that they will visit you

• during a visit, leave your property if you ask them to

• when sending you a letter, include clear information about who they are and why they

are contacting you as well as the process that they are legally allowed to take to get

the money that you owe

• provide you with information on your debt, such as the amount you owe

• if you ask for it, provide you with more information about your debt, such as what

your original agreement was, and if there were any changes made to it later.

For more information on how to request information on your credit or hire agreement

see the OFT advice guide.

The debt collector should NOT:

• contact you if you have asked them to speak to someone representing you

• visit you at inappropriate places such as your work, unless you have told them they

can

harass you by calling you frequently or making threatening statements or gestures

• send you letters that do not clearly let you know who they are and why they are

contacting you

• pressure you into selling property or borrowing money in order to pay your debt

• pressure you into paying in full or in large instalments

• pressure you to increase your payments to more than you agreed to in your

repayment plan

• add collection charges to your debt, unless you agreed to this with the people you

borrowed the money from (any amount they charge you should be based on actual

costs caused by the collection of your debt)

• threaten to give the details of your debt to others unless they are allowed to by law

or tell you that they can take legal action when they actually cannot

• make you think that they are bailiffs.

Debt collectors do not have the same legal

power as bailiffs and cannot force their way into your home or seize your

possessions.

If you have a complaint about the debt collector the Financial Ombudsman Service may

be able to help.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert