BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2329 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

had a strange call this morning, from 01454 772155

female caller asked 'is that Richard' ?

when I asked who they were they hung up

does anyone recognise this number , looks like Chipping Sodbury ?

(do agencies use caller ID spoofing ?)

It is not a debt company.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

http://www.whocallsme.com, or simply leave it a while call the nunber back with 141 PREFIX to disguise your number and see who answers the phone.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Do you live within the 01454 area code?

DCA's have telephone systems in-place where they call you on what looks like the call is coming from a local landline number.

Best thing to do is log the call and keep it for future reference.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

The majority of DCAs don't do outbound calls on Sundays.

Presumably to allow staff to attend church to attone for their sins . . . or to comply with OFT guidance on reasonable hours in which to call.

goegraphical numbers can be diverted so it may not come from there anyway. companies like ebay use them so you dont know where the call really comes from. It could be anywhere in the world. british Gas used to do this a lot