Help grand holidays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i am looking for help for my inlaws,

they held a timeshare in tenerife for approx 20 or so years.

The same two weeks in october,

in october 2009 they had their last holdiay and approached the then management.

The apartment had not been decorated in numerous years,

the kitchen cupboards were hanging off and they were generally dis-satisfied with the whole set up.

They took a phone call on their return to the uk and stated they were not renewing the two weeks and would not be returning.

In 4 years they have not had any correspondence, no requests for any fees nothing.

They continue to holiday in tenerife and her brother lives there.

The two weeks initially bought have been continually let out to other families and has not been empty on their designated 2 weeks since sept 2009.

It the meantime grand holidays have taken over the flamingo club.

Now in dec 13 she received an email from daniel silverman asking for £5000 for the timeshare,

they contacted CAB who told them to sit tight.

Today they recieved a letter dated 2.1.14 from the same company asking for the same amount within 7 days (which has obviously passed).

They have no idea what to do,

no communication for 4 years then this.

They are now both retired with only pensions to live on and both out of their mind with worry.

Help what can they do

They are a debt collection agency

They are not bailiffs and have no such powers

They would have to go to court and win to enforce this

It was cancelled years ago there is no debt

I would ignore them

Let's see what others have to say

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

They are a debt collection agency

They are not bailiffs and have no such powers

They would have to go to court and win to enforce this

It was cancelled years ago there is no debt

I would ignore them

Let's see what others have to say

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

brief update, we wrote to the company and the debt people stating they had relinquished the timeshare in 2009 and had not been since and they had re let those weeks etc etc. We gave them 28 days to reply. the debt collectors never got in touch but they have received a letter from a spanish lawyer (but on plain paper with no letter head) its 4 pages of legal jargon which we dont understand. It keeps reiterating you have enjoyed it from 2012 to present day but they havnt been since 2009. More worringly it states they are ith contract till 2070 - they are both 65 and retired now . Not sure what to do next

• 2 months later...

Further to previous posts .

Can anyone help , We have received a letter from Daniel Silverman claiming maintance costs for a timeshare with Grand holidays club We believed that we had cancelled the contract in 2001 and have had no correspondence since that date.

We have disputed the debt with them but there only comment so far is that we did not have the right to cancel .

Further to previous posts .

Can anyone help , We have received a letter from Daniel Silverman claiming maintance costs for a timeshare with Grand holidays club We believed that we had cancelled the contract in 2001 and have had no correspondence since that date.

We have disputed the debt with them but there only comment so far is that we did not have the right to cancel .

You would get a better responce if you started a new thread

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

• 2 months later...
brief update, we wrote to the company and the debt people stating they had relinquished the timeshare in 2009 and had not been since and they had re let those weeks etc etc. We gave them 28 days to reply. the debt collectors never got in touch but they have received a letter from a spanish lawyer (but on plain paper with no letter head) its 4 pages of legal jargon which we dont understand. It keeps reiterating you have enjoyed it from 2012 to present day but they havnt been since 2009. More worringly it states they are ith contract till 2070 - they are both 65 and retired now . Not sure what to do next

I have in laws in similar position to you. Have you made any progress to date?

Hi Seamus

Welcome to CAG

If you wish to get advice on your issue it would be better to start your own thread.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 4 months later...

As already stated multiple times. Start a new thread with as much detail as possible.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Bryber

To get the advice you require it would be better to start your own thread.

If you are unsure how to start a new thread see below.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread. We have heard nothing from this since last January now they are starting with the letters again. They have upped the payment they want too. No correspondence since last year from either grand holidays or Daniel Silverman. As oap they cannot pay £6000 well euros