Working tax credits

snowdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can any one tell me if you are entitled to dental costs if you get working tax credits please.

We get £90 a week WTC as I am on a low wage, we are not entitled to any other benefits, I have looked to see if I can find this anywhere but had no luck, asking as now our JSA has stopped the dentist has said we have to pay and one thing I have to have is going to be over £200 which not got ( this is Sandy, BC'S other half )

They said they had to charged us as they were not sure if WTC entitled you to free treatment

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Hi, I found this,

You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment if, when your treatment starts, you are:

• under 18
  • under 19 and in full-time education
  • pregnant or you’ve had a baby in the 12 months before treatment starts
  • staying in an NHS hospital and the hospital dentist carries out your treatment
  • an NHS Hospital Dental Service outpatient (although you may have to pay for your dentures or bridges)

You can also get free NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts or when you’re asked to pay:

• you’re included in an award of Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit guarantee credit
  • you’re named on, or entitled to, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
  • you’re named on a valid HC2 certificate

If you're named on a valid HC3 certificate, you may not have to pay for all your NHS dental treatment. HC2 and HC3 certificates are issued under the NHS Low Income Scheme – see below.

You will not be exempt from paying for NHS dental treatment because you receive one of the benefits below when paid on their own:

• Incapacity Benefit
  • contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit savings credit

Proof of your entitlement

You’ll be asked to show your dentist written proof that you’re entitled to help with dental treatment costs. This will vary depending on your circumstances. To check what documents you will need, see the NHS HC11 leaflet Help with health costs (PDF, 287.1kb).

NHS Low Income Scheme

The NHS Low Income Scheme provides income-related help to people not exempt from charges but who may be entitled to full or partial help with healthcare costs if they have a low income. Anyone can apply as long as they don’t have savings or investments over the capital limit. In England, the capital limit is £16,000 (or £23,250 if you live permanently in a care home).

Help is based on a comparison between your weekly income and assessed requirements at the time the claim is made. Entitlement broadly follows Income Support rules to decide how much, if anything, you have to pay towards your healthcare costs, including dental treatment costs.

The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) website has more information about the NHS Low Income Scheme, including how to apply.

No where does it mention WTC though

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Then I found this from hmrc

If there is a charge for your treatment, and you get tax credits because you're on a low income, you could get help. This help includes:

• free NHS/HS prescriptions, wigs and fabric supports - if they are not already free
  • free dental treatment and eyesight tests
  • vouchers towards the cost of glasses or contact lenses
  • help with the cost of travel for some NHS/HS treatment

• Confused 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

thank you, I will inform them or try and find the letter we got

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019