need help - problem wiith quality & fitting Safestyle coposite door not very good

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2482 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi I have a front door fix by safe style they call it composite door , the quality and fitted not very good, can any one can help me , who can I ask to certified the quality of the door please

when I order I have asked for a good strong, safety composite door, I have been supply with they call it guard door with bare wood show on top and bottom door, a 3 point standard lock and a very thin upvc frame

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread to the General Consumer forum here and leave you a redirect to follow from this forum to the new one.

I expect the forum guys will be along later with advice for you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Take lots of pictures of the parts you aren't happy with in case you need them later or to prove a point.

Was your request in writing or verbal ?

What is the door warranted against ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have took some photo send email,send a recorded letter to safestyle , so far no reply, only when I fill customer service on line I give one star , then customer service say they will send engineer round , I thought the engineer come on the 15/1/14 will inspect the problem but he say his instruction is to fix the draft that I complain. I show him that the door frame not fix into my previous wooden frame at the bottom it start move outward to the top , when I put the pirit level it not straight,it got a 2cm gap on the top left corner, which then they fill with silicon,

After spend 5-10minute to move all the lock bracket on the frame , which may make the door lock system less secure,then he left.

only vebal when I asked for a grade door and an email ,say a composite door, my previous door upvc got 5point locking , so I thought all the door now got 5point. safestyle told me that my door is their A grade

their is a 10 year guarantee on faulty material and workmanship. Please help me I feel so stress, since the door fitted , they keep , try to avoid the problem . I have paid £950 for that door I think I have been rip off by Safestyle

• 3 months later...