help with welcome finance

mickjo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

please can anyone give me some advice before i contact them.

I got a new boiler from b/g in 2007 and they financed it with w/f

i was paying £68 pm but now i pay £80 pm.

I have been paying every month

but now my hours have been cut at work and i cannot afford the monthly payments and i was going to get in contact with w/f to see if i could reduce my payments to £20 pm but i have read all the horror stories from people who try to deal with them.

my question is

can i reduce my payments

and ask for the interest to be frozen

and can w/f add other cost on to my loan like missed payment fees and fees for sending a letter.

any help will be most appreciated

kind regards

michael

Just a bit more information for you.

I got a statement from from them in November and it had default sum interest on it. i did miss one payment about four years ago but i increased my payment and it is well payed off so i dont understand why i am still paying default interest. i did phone them up and they said i will still be getting interest on the loan as i defaulted on it.my monthly payment was £69 pm i have been paying them £88 pm for the last three years i keep getting phone calls from them asking me to increase my payments so i dont think they will accept a reduce payments even if i cannot afford to pay them the full amount. one more thing when i took out the loan they said my last payment will be on november 2017 now they say it will be march 2018.

• 9 months later...

Hi please can anyone give me some advice.

I took out a loan with welcome finance in November 2007 over a 10 years for £3907.60 paying £79.00 per month

due to being on the sick from work i missed 1 payment

i phoned them up and was told not to worry just start paying the following month.

i cancelled my d/d so not to get bank charges

then i started getting letters from welcome saying i was getting charged £10 for every letter they send me. This was a total of £150 i managed to get the fees waived.

I have sent them a Subject Access Request and got my details back this week

but they have only give me the information up to 11-12-13

i am missing 01-01-14 to date.

in the loan history i have been charge a total of £20 fee assessment.

Now they are saying because i have missed a payment its going to add another three months onto the loan

surely this cannot be right as i have been paying them £85 per month from 19-07-10

then i increased the payments to £88 from the 19-09 10

i would of thought i would pay the loan off earlier.

Sorry for the long post but i am at my wits end with this company.

Hi mick

Send them a chase letter for the missing information. Also did you have PPI on the loan?

Send the following chase letter, fill in the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated xxxxxxxxxx. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

1) You have failed to provide xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx.

2) You have failed to provide xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject access request within 7 days, I shall apply to the county court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Just got 3 more letters from them and they have added fees from £100 £20 loads with £10 and a load ranging from 19p -£2.10 i just dont know why they are adding fees to my account when i have been paying over the monthly instalments.

these fees are unlawful, ask for help here on how to reclaim them

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks will do.

Ive been talking to someone at work and he said It could well be. A missed payment, with perhaps 7 years of interest on it, plus fees, could easily add up to another 3 month.

• 11 months later...

Hi i have a loan with welcome and my payment comes out of my bank on the 25th of each month.

I got a phone call from them asking if i will be getting paid from work early at Christmas as my payment wont reach they account until the 29th of December and if i can make a payment early so i wont incur late payment charges can they do this. she said she will give me another cal at the beginning of December to ask if will be getting paid early.