ADVANTIS Ltd. try to collect a water bill for an apartment I left over a year ago?

Valerie999

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last month I received a bill from Advantis Ltd. (collectors) on behalf of Thames Water (as stated in the bill letter).

I was really surprised to get a bill for an apt.

I left a year ago (and at the time of moving out from that flat we left deposit to the landlord to fulfill all the outstanding bills for water/electricity for the last month.

On the actual bill, the date stated is the very same date of the end of the tenancy at previous flat.

I called them up and the guy was extremely useless and annoying,

I ran out of patience when he was repeatedly trying to "learn more about my financial circumstances"

so he could find the best way for me to pay the bill.

Even tho the only reason I called for was to know How it is possible that I'm getting this bill in the first place

after a year later and even if there is a single chance we had an overdue it couldn't be as much as £126.

The only explanation he found was that maybe they didn't know where I moved thus it took a year to find me. BULL****!

I'm officially registered in the borough council center (which is the same as we moved within the local area)

and I've updated my address there.

Plus I left my university as a secondary point of contact, where they also could get in touch with me.

So I don't think it would actually take a year for Thanes Water to find my current location.

After I refused to give my card details (for the payment of course) to the Advantis,

they started to call me every morning at 8-9 a.m. with attempts to get some personal info about me, which I haven't provided.

I contacted my previous landlord to ask if he has any idea of why we're getting this bill now, unfortunately he doesn't.

What should I do?

Should I go to the council center to make sure that there is an outstanding bill for the period I lived in that flat and that it equals to £126?

Will Advantis or Thames Water actually add commissions if I will not pay the bill asap?

And how to get rid of those annoying morning calls from Advantis?

Cheers!

Remind Advantis of the Harassment Act. Write them a polite letter and inform them that you require all communication in writing and any further phone calls will be reported to the police as harassment is a criminal offence. You also need them to explain in writing how the figure in the bill was arrived at. Do this ASAP and post asking for Proof of posting and if possible paying a bit extra and requesting a signature.

DO NOT EVER PAY ANY DCA FOR ANY SUPPOSED OUTSTANDING UTILITY BILL...EVER.

call the supposed util company and deal with them directly.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have the same clowns chasing me for electricity from some time ago.

They keep promising to send me the dates but to this day nothing other than a date were one if the numbers was replaced with a letter 'r' meaning it made no sense.

Ignore them, as DX says, deal direct with the utility company, not some tin pot third party clown outfit who use an abacus to count to ten.

If needs be, use the utility companies complaints procedure, sounds like the LL has pocketed your deposit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!