home visit - ** placed in Support Group without assessment **

grecian

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on jan 4th i recieved a letter of atos for assesment on the 9th jan, letter dated 18th dec.

6th of jan i rang atos requesting a home visit.said i needed a fax o my dr to confirm this.

7th jan dr surgery rang atos and said a fax will be sent in a few days and they told her they have canceled my 9th jan appointment.

8th jan dr rings me and said they have sent a fax outlining my disabilities and not to worry.

9th jan i get letter of atos for assement in exeter 28th jan. dated 7th jan. irang atos outlining the above, lady said i must atend 28th appt.i said how can you send a appt before you have read the fax. i then got o its just arrived today. she said to me that they will request my file back from exeter and asses again and they will be in contact with me. i said so i dont have to go to exeter on the 28th, she said no i dont.

my worry is that are atos to be trusted on this as we have all read the horror stories. and ive got a funny feeling i will recive a letter benefits stopped failure to attend assesment on the 28th. is there anything else i can do. thankyou.

Go by what they have sent you so far. That way you cover your back if they try any funny business.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thats good advice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

:grecian:

In my experience Atos are most definitely not to be trusted on this. Not even via a phone call on 27 January, unless you've a facility to record the call. The 28 January appointment before they'd read the fax from your doctor was their way of cancelling the 9 January appointment. :???: Aren't we all. Unfortunately they've also a nasty habit of leaving the rearranged appointments open, then issuing 'failure to attend' letters.

What I'm going to say next is an awful faff, which shouldn't be necessary, but it's easier than a disputed 'failure to attend'. If you've not received anything in writing from Atos by say 20 January, send an electronic mail or snail mail letter via recorded delivery to Atos, outlining the situation and asking for confirmation of the cancellation. Keep a copy and get a copy of the fax ready to send to Jobcentreplus if there's an allegation of 'failure to attend'.

Atos get the final say so about home visits and if they agree one you could be waiting quite a while. Seems they've only got one doctor to do home visits in the South West!

Best wishes, Margaret.

Margret

Thanks for your reply,it is appreciated. I will do as you suggested.

Also i think you are right about only one dr for the South West, as a friend of ours sent his esa50 in august 2012, had home visit july 2013 and is still waiting for a decision .Beggers belief.

Once again many thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

quick update.

On the 24th jan i recieved letter saying, as received more information we no longer need you

to come for assessment.

Today i received a letter from the dwp putting me in the support group.

I would like to thank everybody on this forum for their advice and help with dealing with atos, your help is invaluable.