Marks and Spencer M&S Credit Card PPI - Have you been rejected as non advised sale?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am interested to know who has been rejected by M and S for a PPI credit card claim on the basis it was non advised when they were "strongly recommended'" the policy on the actual application form?

Has this happened to you?

The Ombusdman clearly argues that this is an advised sale (where advice OR a recommendation has been given).

So I wonder what experience people have had?

eg

- did you challenge and win?

- did you go to the Ombudsman - what did they say?

I would like to gather as much info to raise it formally with the Ombudsman.

depends on the age of the card

how did you sign up to the card

who ticked the box

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I hate to be a killjoy but FOS DON'T view this as a personalised recommendation (which it needs to be if the sale is to be considered as "advised"). Their view is that it is generic promotion of the product. It's an issue which crops up regularly there. It's not just M&S bank either.

Just to add to the previous post - FOS look at cases like these on an individual basis and I have seen examples of this type of wording being viewed as advised and also as non-advised. It is much more likely to be viewed as advised if the application form was pre-filled with your details by the bank i.e a personalised mailshot than it is if it is a generic application form that fell out of the Sunday paper.

In my view, any mis-selling complaint should cover all the circumstances of the sale rather than focussing too narrowly on one point that the lender / FOS might see differently