Barclaycard PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Could anyone kindly advise me please.

My complaint has been sitting with FOS for approx. 2years, it was upheld in initial assessment, then BC disputed it, In Dec 2013 I received a letter from FOS team leader saying following their involvement BC would be making an offer of compensation.

I then telephoned BC who said that it was over a year ago that they had heard from FOS.# and did not know about their decision.

So i phoned FOS who said that they wait for a few hundred (!!!) before submitting to BC.- anyone know how long this takes??!!

I would like to know if BC can dispute this once again? The letter was not from an Ombudsman

The card was taken out in 2000- so how would the interest be calculated? is it compounded?I have done a SAR to BC

Thank you for your help

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry you were missed.

The FOS do take their time but you can do more. Do you have the SAR back yet?

It is likely the FOS will award simple interest at 8% but as this was a credit card, you were being charged their interest rate on your payments (on the assumption that you didn't pay in full each month) You should be doing a spreadsheet at their interest rate and don't forget to compound it (they did)

In the library are some spreadsheets to assist in working out what they owe you

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks so so much for your input. Am waiting for the SAR for 4 years statements- I have the rest.

I will look in the Library. It is a little concerning that the lady at BC said the last notes she has from the FOS is DEC 2012- does this still leave this open for BC to dispute ?

Thanks so much