P + A Receivables

AceDaz69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got home today to find a printed ripped in half piece of paper from the apparent above company.

It says thy are a Bailiffs - Repossession / Collection Agents. Registered office in Sheffield.

It says it's very urgent + very important and I need to call this guy on a

Mobile number. That he had tried to contact me but had no success.

It's obviously hand delivered and it has my name written on the top.

Has anyone got any dealings with this company?

I have had only 1 company that threatened to take it far and that company has put my account on hold for 28 days while the original creditor replies to my letter.

Please help as I don't really want to ring the number as I don't recognise the company.

P&A are a debt collection Agency

they also do Process Serving

so could be they want to deliver a statutory Demand?

cant see they are bailiffs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks. That makes sense. Lowell threatened to issue me with one, but I have been dealing with the original creditor and on 20th December Lowell placed my account on hold for a month while I waited for a

Reply.

What should I do now?

you need to gather info

sar CCA find out how much is PENALTY charges & or PPI?

what type of debt is it?

whats on your CRA file about it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

P/A are process servers for BW Legal who issue SDs for Lowell. If the guy can't issue by hand, he is then allowed to serve by post. If your debt is approaching statute bar, you can buy yourself a bit of time by making sure *not* to call him or to be in when he returns.

If you can send off a CCA request NOW, before receiving the SD, it may well help you if there are sufficient grounds to get the SD set aside. Get proof of posting or send recorded delivery. And send to geographic postal address, not PO Box, of whoever is currently chasing you. If it's Lowell, you'll find it at the foot of any of their idiotic letters.

I got the CCA, the only thing that was incorrect was my gender. SAR has been issues and finally received, and I am waiting on a reply from my Charges claim with the original creditor. Which is why my account has been placed on hold with Lowell.

I am thinking of ringing Lowell tomorrow and asking them why they are continuing to issue me with a Statutory demand when my account with them is on hold. Should I?

So wait...I am waiting for a reply from the original creditor, the debt collection company who bought my debt has my account on hold while I wait for that reply and the debt collection company who owns the debt is STILL chasing money? How is that legal?!?

its a £3.6k debt, will Lowell accept £1k as a full and final offer?

P/A are process servers for BW Legal who issue SDs for Lowell. If the guy can't issue by hand, he is then allowed to serve by post. If your debt is approaching statute bar, you can buy yourself a bit of time by making sure *not* to call him or to be in when he returns.

If you can send off a CCA request NOW, before receiving the SD, it may well help you if there are sufficient grounds to get the SD set aside. Get proof of posting or send recorded delivery. And send to geographic postal address, not PO Box, of whoever is currently chasing you. If it's Lowell, you'll find it at the foot of any of their idiotic letters.

No, there is still about 3 years off from being Statute Barred

No, do not call them or they'll play games. You want a paper trail now of everything.

We can't really advise on what f/f to offer unless we have a history of the debt. But as a rule of thumb, start at 10% and work upwards from there.

However, first need to establish whether your CCA is compliant

No, do not call them or they'll play games. You want a paper trail now of everything.

We can't really advise on what f/f to offer unless we have a history of the debt. But as a rule of thumb, start at 10% and work upwards from there.

However, first need to establish whether your CCA is compliant

How would I know if the CCA is compliant? I got one sent over a year and a half ago, and there wasn't much to it. I am more concerned over this Statutory Demand, should I not be ringing Lowell and offering a repayment?

The SD can most likely be set aside if they failed to produce a compliant CCA.

If PRE april 07 , you could most probably require the original to be produced in court.

Sorry but I have to leave now, I'm sure others will take over and help you. Good luck.

Thanks, doesn't help me now tho. But if it has down that I am female on the CCA and I am in fact male, would this make a difference?