Jump to content

Fine for not notifying of fisposal of vehicle when letter was delivered to wrong address?


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Has anyone had to appeal DVLA fine for not notifying of disposal of vehicle?


I had my insurance collect the car after the accident

and had to send all paperwork inc reg certificate to them straight after

as I was instructed by insurance for my claim to be processed

as fast as possible as my car was a write off.



On xmas day I had bunch of letters posted through our letterbox

(and took me a moment to realise this was not Royal Mail delivery)

inc one from DVLA (dated 6th dec!!!!)


obviously got delivered to wrong address and did not get forwarded to me til 25th and


the letter gave 14 days from 6th to write to them to confirm if I no longer had the car

as someone had applied to register it in their name.


now I need to be able to write a decent appeal or end up paying 55 pounds fine

but how can I prove the letter did not get to me until 25/12


any advice greatly appreciated

Link to post
Share on other sites

are you saying you posted the stuff to them


and they then lost it


and thus sent you the 6th dec letter

when the next person tried to register a [written off] car?



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I probably put a lot of mixed info on. I sent all paperwork to my insurance co after my car accident as it was uneconomical to repair so to get my claim sorted I had to send all docs relating to car inc reg certificate and car keys to them to get the claim sorted out as needed the finances to get another car as mine was totally gone. This was in Oct/Nov 2013.



Christmas day a load of post got put through our letterbox inc the letter from DVLA dated 06/12 stating that they received an application for record someone else as keeper of the vehicle. Letter states I need to advise them within 14 days of the date of the letter which would have been by 20th Dec so by the time it actually got to me it was already well past the 2 week deadline.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You must have an accident report, and communications between yourself and insurance company regarding them requiring all documentation including registration document. So just send copies of to DVLA along with your appeal. If you do not have copies then get then from insurance company!

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...