Bill of Exchange

inneed2011

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I did a Bill of Exchange out of desperation in order to (as I believed) to pay off my mortgage and stop the bank repossessing the properties. I had 4 properties at the time. I was told by a friend of a friend this had worked for them and for the price of 700 gbp they could conduct it for me.

I was dubious, but without realising the total ins and outs went ahead with it.

2 years later my house has been repossed, but the fraud squad are after me for sending a cheque which was a bill of exchange. What is the likelihood of me being done for fraud? Scared and terrified and naive for believing this was a solution to help my situation.

Hi, sorry you were missed.

I have no idea about BoE but by my posting will bring this thread on to today's pages

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Its not possible to say much because you have only given us very limited information, though in a criminal case that might be for the best.

Fraud requires dishonesty, so they would need to show that you knew sending the bill of exchange/cheque was fraudulent.

I imagine the case has much more to do with issuing the bill of exchange knowing payment would never be made, rather than just about sending a BoE rather than a cheque. The old concept of 'bills of exchange' has been hijacked and twisted by 'freeman of the land' types in recent years so be very careful what you read about them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The lack of information is due to my lack of understanding at the time, even after much research I must admit I am totally confused.

I was facing repossession, this seemed too good to be true, I did not want to do it. Yes, I sent it thinking it was a way to pay off my mortgage. By no means did I do it to cause fraud or deceive anyone. The thing I do not understand is the fact it was sent 2 years ago. In between that time, the bank have taken the properties and sold them.