OVO application for warrant cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OVO application for warrant cancelled.

Long litany of errors and cock ups by OVO ended up with me attending court to oppose an warrant allowing entry to put in place a smart meter (which I have now learned we are all going to have to have whether we like it or not!) and repayment meters.

The usher was completely fazed when I told her I was opposing a warrant. She didn't have any details, didn't know who I was or who was attending from OVO. I then had a bizarre conversation with another agent who was applying for two warrants, where he said if the OVO agent doesn't turn up by 9.45am, go home!

Mr OVO did turn up late. I explained why I was opposing the application. He admitted he hadn't seen the details of my case and knew nothing about it and therefore couldn't stand up in court and be cross examined. He was going to cancel it and suggested I talk to OVO, sort it out and be persistent, as they had refused to accept a payment plan by direct debit.

So felt vindicated leaving the court. One question though; as this billing issue goes back to September 2012 and OVO seem to have 4 dates where they think I took over the supply 1/9/12, 24/9/12, 12/11/12 and 3/12/12, have a final reading for dated August 31/8/12 but admitted they have no idea where it came from and when exactly it was submitted! I was led to believe they can only chase you for the previous 12 months supply. Is this correct?