eBay Purchase

Yellow160
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Its been a while since i was last on here... Just needing some advice on what i can do next..

I purchased a bed on eBay 17/12/2013 and paid via paypal. I got the despatch email along with a tracking number. The delivery was due between 20th Dec upto 23rd Dec.

I went online on the 20th to check the tracking info only to see that the item was saying delivered on the 19th Dec @ 17.01.. I contacted the seller who said they would investigate after the xmas holidays..

After the holidays i chased them for an update regarding this and asked for the copy of the signature and a description of the person who signed for it.. Nothing was sent to me, then the driver arrived on Monday 6th Jan wanting further info from me..

I asked the driver who signed for it and he replied, some guy stood on the drive, i then left it in a safe place, When asked where this safe place was he advised it was on the path next to the garage!! ( which is visible from the street ) when asked why he thought that was a safe place he just shrugged his shoulders.

Ive even checked with the neighbours and none of them have signed for it, so i opened a case with paypal and supplied all the info they needed..

Paypal then closed the dispute in favour of the seller as they had provided tracking info and as far as they were concerned that was enough evidence to show it was sent to me, even though i had explained fully in the claim that we hadnt received or signed for the delivery.

I received an email this morning from the seller offering replacement parts (if i was unhappy with the items received) or a partial refund!

What can i do next to try and claim my full money back from them?

Thanks

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

No, the company should make good and claim against the courier. Make sure you remind them of their contractual obligations. Some guy standing on the drive is not good enough and they know that, RM wont hand over my post to me under the same circumstances.

Im sure they are not taking this serious, they even managed to get eBay to remove the negative feedback as they said it was false and could provide delivery details. So eBay went ahead and removed it, Ive noticed they have done this with a few negative feedbacks that have been left..

What else can i do?

Thanks

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

Ebay will not want to know now the seller has supplied tracking information that shows the Bed being delivered.

Your only course now is to either take it up with the seller or the courier, though the courier company will probably not deal with you seeing as you’re not their customer. Have you spoken to the police? There has obviously been a theft so try and get a crime reference number, inform the courier there is police involvement and then see what happens.

It’s a little bit odd the seller who knows you didn’t receive your bed is asking you if you want spare parts or a partial refund. That being said they did send the bed tracked and supplied the tracking information so you would know when to expect it so they’ve done everything by the book. The fault lies with the courier in my opinion, leaving a delivery out in the open clearly visible. I bet the courier just signed for it himself and there was no guy on the drive.