BankFodder BankFodder

mikehodges

Sister's debt problems

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2235 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm new to this and got directed here for help.

I am tiring to sort out my sister's debt problem, so a brief history

My sister was working in France for a couple until 8 months ago when all three of them where involved in a fatal car accident, Husband of the couple ( French national )was killed, wife and my sister ( rear seat passenger ) where severely injured. My sister had to spend nearly 8 weeks in a french hospital before she could be returned to the UK.

Now to the point, in the course of this time period she has racked up some debts and is being chased for them, she is in no fit sate to deal with them as she is still recovering at my home.

I am tiring to get her debt problem sorted before she returns home.

What are my options as I'd like to try and get them sorted, I have access to her computer and bank details.

Regards Mike

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry to hear of this predicament.

Firstly you will need her authority to deal with this matter on her behalf. I suggest:-

I (name) of (address) authorise (your name) of (your address) to act on my behalf in all matters involved with this account.

Signed (your sisters signature)

Date

You can just add the different creditors name and address to the top of the letter and the different account numbers.

Include with the authorisation letter another from you explaining what has occurred and ask the creditors to halt any action until your sister is well enough to be able to deal with this.

If there are financial problems as well, explain this and offer token payments for now.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE