style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What was he there for? Just keep windows and doors shut and any vehicles a good 5-10 min walk away.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They never took my wife to court they took me to court even though it was my wife's business, I sent proof to court but was unable to attend, next we got was this.

It just says HM COURTS & TRIBUNALS SERVICE, Mr Harried Bailiff

It would appear that a CCJ has been awarded against one of you. As it has now gone unpaid it seems the Creditor has applied for a Warrant of Execution enabling them to be able to seize goods to sell to settle the debt. The County Court Bailiff is usually quite affable and remember he has no right of entry to your home, make sure you keep your door locked. If you have no knowledge of any of this it might be you can apply to have the Judgment Set Aside and the Warrant suspended.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As good as CAB might be the advice given can be very variable. Your plan of action should be to contact the Court and ask for details of the CCJ, you will need to find the exact address they have used to send everything to. It will also be worthwhile contacting the Bailiffs office and advising you know nothing about this and will he give you time to do so - as said previously they are pretty good unlike most you read about on here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dont worry about that for now. Focus on what is actually happening. Once you have that sorted, THEN you can think about other things.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yea thats correct, I sent proof to the court, but was unable to attend so the judge dismissed it & gave me the ccj, now the claimant has realised his mistake & my wife's name has just been handwritten in on the form,

Then you have to go to the court tomorrow morning. He is not allowed to edit documents like that without the authority of the court. HE would need to serve a full fresh claim on your wife. Not tip-ex your name out and put hers in.

• Confused 1

Just a quick note, I have looked on the Certificated Bailiff Register found on here, and the Bailiff's name on the letter he left isn't on the list??

He won't appear as he is a salaried employee of HMCTS.

• Confused 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, We have spoken to the CAB who in turn have spoken to a lawyer who has said it sounds like joint & several liability. I don't understand how can say that, the bank account was in my wife's name only, the VAT was in my wife's name only, how can I be liable when i only helped out?