Sinking conservatory...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I hope I'm posting in the right place / as briefly as possible - my mother bought a conservatory in 2007.

The firm that installed it dissolved in 2010, but a new one emerged effectively in its place - same family, same premises, same telephone number, basically the same name etc.

Towards the end of 2013 one side of the conservatory started sinking into the ground because the foundations had been incorrectly measured (this is the assessment of several parties who have inspected it).

The first quote has estimated the repair at around £4k.

The 10-year guarantee only covered the glass / frame (despite the pack from the firm [incorrectly] claiming that the footings were also covered).

I'm assuming liability ended with the previous firm, but as I'm obviously not an expert is this the case / are there any options my mother might pursue, such as the individuals as they are the same from the original firm, or any other thoughts.

Many thanks in advance...

Depends on what assets were transferred to the new company as those assets can be claimed against. problem is that these people do this phoenix businesses all the time so you may well waste time and effort getting nowhere.

You then have the possibility of them coming back to make good their shoddy work and do you really want that?