• Tweets

• ah - here it is - .. Yesterday UK finance minister: Thames Water must sort out its own issues "I make no comment on Thames because they need to sort out their own issues," Hunt told reporters during a visit to Washington when asked what a government-led administration process for Thames Water could do for investors' confidence in Britain. "What we're never going to do for people who invest in the UK, is say that the state is going to insure you against bad decisions made by management or shareholders. That's what markets are about."   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM       So was the chancellor not informed of this massive encompassing plan ..  or was he lying/misleading Today: Thames Water nationalisation plan could move bulk of £15bn debt to state   Thames Water nationalisation plan could move bulk of £15bn debt to state | Thames Water | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Exclusive: Under Whitehall blueprint for water company some lenders could lose up to 40% of their money  
    • Hi everyone, appreciate your help in this. Today (18/04/2024) I received a "Parking charge - Keeper liability notice for Royale Leisure Park - W3" stating that I "parked without clearly displaying a valid PCM UK Ltd permit. The car was parked on the 8th of March 2024 at the car park for Park Royal Leisure Park in London. The letter stated that a notice to keep was sent 28 days ago, but I have not received any charge letter or ticket.  I don't know what permit they are talking about. The leisure park does not have tickets, it has free parking for 5 hours- this is clearly stated on their website. Furthermore, I think the Parking Charge is invalid because, on March 8th, I was a customer at Royale Leisure Park, where I attended to watch a movie at the Odeon Cinema. I can prove my purchase of the ticket. The Royal Leisure Park has free parking for 5 hours as stated on their website (see attached screenshot), so they should not have given me the charge in the first place. Should I contact them to state that I should not have been given a charge? I'm concerned about the charge rising if I don't contact them.  Your advice is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.   parking rules park royal.pdf 2024-04-12 PCM NTK event 2024-03-08.pdf
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

honeygie v HSBC *****WON*****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i lied lol... just looked at the paperwork again and my claim was deemed served on 20th January, so they have until 17th February until i can press the button!!

i shouldn't be on here so early on a sunday morning i've obviously not had enough sleep yet lol

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

ooh, a few days to go now... have they forgotten about me? i hope deb is hormonal too.. lol and forgetful.. gosh she could be pregnant as well?! or is colin pregnant? coz he forgot to send me an offer?!.. harharhar.. sorry guys, am just trying to have a laugh.. toinks...

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

here we go... defence filed. now i wait for the aq, right.. got to read up some more then..

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

i'm getting to grips with the aq stuff (just in time for you and netty), take a look at what i've been learning from bong on her thread tonight. it's easy enough - just got to get it all from the links - i'll be here to help when the aq arrives - although that still doesn't mean you file it straight away - just give me your aq deadline as soon as it arrives. we'll work on it from there.

thanks lattie.. you're a great help.. my chill pill .. but im really scared.. will pm you about it.. thanks.

waaaahhhhhhhhhh!!! just was able to log on at this time!!! i was out all day since 7 am... got back home and pc is bugged up!.. still f***ed up at the moment, i dont know how i managed to connect but nevermind.. if you can read this. please reply asap!!! YESSSS!!! GOT AN OFFER!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

yes yes yes mamie lattie!!!charges, interest, court fee: the lot!!!

i dont know how to thank you mamie lattie and everyone else who's supported me through all this... thanks for all the encouragement and funny meaningful touching comments.. baby honey i think is making sommersaults in my tummy (cant feel anything yet though).. now i can go and buy stuff for him.. or her.. teehee... will make donation promise! once funds in my pocket... and will stick around to encourage people...

thanks again. to all of you.. and those who are still thinking about it.. the first step is always the hardest,, but never fear.. help is here...

thanks mamie netty, for all the encouragements... and for thinking about my bump... gosh am quite touched by all this.. so powerful how people's kindness can humble you... and to koos.. welll done, buddy!!! we made it!!!!

and yes.. THANKK YOU GOD!!! THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY PRAYERS....

thanks mammie lattie!!! hugging you back!!!!

now.. touch ground again.. teehee..

i have one question though...

it seems my letter is different from others.. why are they crossing off confidentiality or something? where is that located? the last paragraph of the letter i received is like this....

" I accept the sum of £xxxx.xx in full and final settlement of my claim against hsbc for the charges applied to my account in the period 2002 to 2007. I agree not to make any other claims relating to charges for the period stipulated above. I also agree to keep the fact of my claim and hsbc's ex gratia payment strictly confidential."

signed:................. dated:...............

is this the same as everyone else's?

i think it is slightly reworded - i would think it is to keep people from filing for the same time period again and i don't think you should accept that - as they say, all the time - it's your claim - you settle it on your terms - you've got 10 days to accept (it won't take 10, promise) but let me get michael browne to take a look at that and write you an acceptance - he's done loads and they are brill. i'll pm him to look at it and he will respond quick as he can. don't stress over anything - hard part is well and truly done. take care, i'm off to celebrate with a bubble bath after i pm mb for you.

ok, i pm'd him - i'm sure he'll get to you soon - probably tomorrow - you could pm a site helper or mod if you want a quicker reply.

one more thing - will you pleeeeeeze change that frowning face on your thread to a happy one!

uhmmm. i dont know how? oops... but i am really happy promise!!! but i dont know how... help? and do i request to move my thread to won section or something?

oh. thanks nettyg.. mammie lattie.. am able to change it already!!!!

STOPPP!!!!!!

i thought i was high already!!! but hang on... i think their offer is short of what i should get?!.. it says on the paragraph...

"in an effort to bring this matter to a conclusion, therefore, our client is prepared to make a without prejudice offer of settlement in the sum of £xxxx.xx. this offer is in relation to all charges, for the period claimed, interest at 8% per annum in accordance with the court's statutory rate, and court fee in the sum of £120.00.."

but the settlement sum is only the total charges plus the 8%.. it does not include the court fee, and the interest on penalties and 8% on interest on penalties...

or am i wrong about this?...

uggghhh.... looking at it, it will be short of around £186.00...

or am i being greedy now and should just let £186.00 go...

but am still glad they offered.. what now.. mammie lattie? mammie netty? help?