• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

honeygie v HSBC *****WON*****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

an update. received letter today of notice that acknolwegment of service has been filed and hsbc intend to defend. so i wait 28 days from 4 jan. for something to happen.. so this now means i can send dg a copy of the schedule of charges, right? cool... but oops. saturday! post office is closed! im sure sending it monday wont hurt? hopefully not. have a nice weekend peeps...

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bloomin' stupid me!!!! i opened parachute account and forgot i was overdrawn with hsbc account.. what am i gonna do? i cant afford to pay the overdraft at the moment! f***! oh please, i hope this does not affect my claim against them... i can only wait and see what they say... by the way. sent a copy of charges via recorded post this afternoon.. buhuhu..now im stressed again.. waaaahhhhhh!!!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

It wont affect your claim against them as its got nothing to do with the way the account is operated; its all to do with them stealing money from the poor to feed the rich...and now they are caught out...

Keep your chin up - shouldn't be long now

i think, dear, when we get to the end of the process - if you owe them - they are going to want to put it into your account - so, if you don't want that, you will need (when they start offering) to insist on a cheque.

don't start worrying over that part, we aren't quite there yet. you'll get there - just sit tight for now.

thanks guys. really reassured me.. have a nice day.

they are after me!!!! post #62 is what i was referring to..

just received a phone call from hsbc, from a lady in a call center, probably from my homeland as the accent sounds like it... telling me about my account being over the overdraft limit and mentioning that there are no recent credits in my bank account for a while now.. (hehe.. coz i have a new account elsewhere.)and that she was asking me when i will pay the overdraft to avoid further charges.. and mentioned something about closing the account if no activity for sometime.. ha ha.. i got scared and p'd off at the same time! the nerve! good thing i was brave enough to follow it up with.." by the way, can you please furnish me a letter re:our conversation for my records"..

and she replied: "sorry madam, but im afraid you'll have to use your telephone banking for that..."

(me in my mind: "huh?!").so i said, i always receive letters or correspondence when i go overdrawn... and i also mentioned that could she also check if there is anything noted on my account about a claim i am making..

and that's when she stammered and i carried on saying.. "surely you can make a note on my account, just like making a note that i promise to pay on the end of the month, that from now on, i only want contact trhough letters from you, and also i am recording this conversation and my friend is by me listening in as well"..

and she says she cant promise anything and that she will try to make a note... and that's the end of it..tata for now from the ever efficient hsbc person...

wow, my ears were red and h0t after that conversation and my heartbeat was racing..

now i know i gotta keep up with this... next time they ring.. i will start the conversation with.."hang on a minute i will just set up recording if this is about an account i am disputing at the moment..."

i know i am in the wrong for going overdrawn and not paying up.. but.. well.. im in a bit deep now.. if they want me to pay, they'd better pay up before the end of the month then! or i end up really broke and overdrawn again.. toinks!

oops that was a long one! anyway.. just to say. i sent deb d'aubney a copy of the breakdown through recorded post, i couldnt send it via fax coz i havent got one.. dont wana send it from work.. too many nosy people.. toinks.. will email do? or do i jsut ring them to say she should have received it now as it was delivered when i cheked royal mail.. thanks for your reply ...

hi honeygie

i wouldn't worry too much about phonecalls from the bank. i've had loads and i tell the same thing over and over again.... get lost, i no longer discuss my business over the phone!!

i'll be in the same position at the end of this where i'll owe the bank money no doubt through charges - that they charge me through breathing i think!! i've opened another account ready to put my 'cheque' into. if they get sh***y with me after this... i'll offer to pay off the debt at a £1 a month until i'm done lol (if i feel like it)

failing all this... my mother knits a mean balaclava if anyone's interested

netty;)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

honey, hope your pulse is back to normal (and those burning ears!). i'm with netty - just try not to worry about it. i think you did marvelously with them - imagine thinking on your feet with the old "i'm taping this convo and send me a letter - don't think i'd have been as quick. when i did the claiming it was for my son - he had cleared his overdraft with a managed loan (don't ever!!!!!!do that, anybody - then they really have you by the short and curlies!). so he used almost all of his money back to bring that down a bit. but had he still had the overdraft - i'd have encouraged him to use it for that. also, when you get notice of another charge, try a semi-polite phone call - asking them to reverse it, explaining that you really wouldn't want to have to start another claim,,, it would be nice of them to show some goodwill....whatever - and see if you can't talk them around - they do it sometimes. anyway - now i've gone on a bit - just hang in there honey, you will get there - you are doing just fne!

thanks guys.. i have been logging on my internet banking with them, and had noticed new charges applied again. this time they call it notified fees/charges to certain date of the month... i dont really know how to go about it... should i wait monday to follow it up? i jsut dont have the energy at the moment to argue my case with someone,, first time pregnancy is stressful enough dealing with the changes in mymood and my hubby's total insensitivity to my situation.. uggghhh.. nevermind... wil wait this out... thanks again guys.

hi honeygie

i've had 'notified charges' too. if somebody tells you they're gonna poke you with a sharp stick and then do it - does it make it better because they told you they were going to?? NO

it's a charge all the same.

as for the lack of sympathy from hubby - it may just kick in when you're waving a big fat cheque at him in a few week's time!! lol

keep ur chin up xx

hiya netty.. sorry did not reply to previous thread.. hormones still wreaking havoc.. lol.. just finished a high intense drama scene with hubby... for no reason really! i thought i gone crazy!!!but i got happy face today coz he was waving a big fat cheque this morning from inland revenue.. lol.. oh well... i have yet to match his i suppose..teehee..;) dont drink too much.. lol..

hows it going honey

have you had the baby? have you had any news of and offer yet?

koosnaff - are you expecting too? i don't know how you two cope with that and this at the same time!!! talk about premature labour lol

netty

sorry guys, did not mean to ignore your posts..been busy lately with work.. but thanks very much for checking up on me.. really appreciate it.. anyways... baby honey is due in june, still a while to go.. but am busy at the moment looking through catalogues and websites and making lists of baby essentials.. but no.. nothing much. all quiet at this end... i have to admit i did not do any calls to dear deb or dg... i dunno... just lazy.. but please... DON'T BE LIKE ME peeps! follow the advise in this site on other threads... maybe i was hoping they will let me slip and then i can just press the judgment button and voila, instant moolah!!! that is of course wishful thinking on my part.. knowing they are getting sneakier and clever everyday with their delaying tactics and evasive ways...

and yeah.. a few days and our fingers will be poised over that judgment button at mcol, ei, koosnaff?

it feels like ages though doesnt it? am not looking forward to payday though, as i have to cash out £600 to hsbc for my previous charges.. ugghhh... why oh why?

anyways again... thanks guys and have a nice weekend . . .

Hi honey,

just been going through your thread again, you keep in there for you and baby honey, you'll get money soon enough (cheques from IR and banks, what could be better :D ). I must admit I was same as your hubby insensitive and all that guff (post No 70, s**t I'm feeling guilty all over again :-o ), us men we're like a good wine mature with age :rolleyes: . We could probably do with a few more female hormones. Look forward to seeing your thread in the 'WON' section :D

thanks gordylar for dropping by.. well, in fairness to my hubby, he probably hasnt got a clue how to deal with my "hormonal moments", but never mind.. am so looking forward to seeing my thread in won section as well... thanks for nice words anyway...

im definitly paranoid now.. others are getting offers.. i didnt.. i suppose they are just choosing to ignore me.. grrrr...