BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2035 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all.

Around 2 weeks ago I recieved a letter from Jacobs bailiffs due to non payment of council tax 2 and my previous property. I called them promptly and we agreed, over the phone a payment plan of £20 a week. This was to be paid by standing order and I would await confirmation of the payments and the necessary info to set up the payments.

I didn't receive any such info and tried to call a couple of times to no avail. I have now recieved the following notice.

BROKEN ARRANGEMENT

AMOUNT DUE £694.

you have not maintained your arrangement to pay 20 every 7 days. Your arrangement is therefore cancelled and WILL NOT be reinstated.

If full payment is not received in 4 days a bailiff will attend to recover full payment or remove goods.

I had an arrangement around half a year ago with items levyd at my old property. That agreement was fully paid and settled. So am I right thinking there is no current levy in place? No bailiff has attended my new home.

I intend to pay what I owe yet cannot without the right info and confirmation of our agreement so how have I broken a contract?

Help! I'm desperate and really worried now..

previous levy has no bearing on this debt they cant enter your property or add levy fees for this new debt using the previous levy

keep your car away from your home your doors locked windows closed and pay the council

you should make a complaint to the council informing them you did not break the payment agreement the reason payments were not made is because the bailiff firm did not give you any account details to pay the debt

you should also ask the council to provide the following information

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

send this to the council and the bailiff company (by e-mail and/or recorded delivery letter) put both account ref no on it because you need to find out if you were over charged on the debt you paid (odds are in your favour that you have been)

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No(s): 123456/ 891032

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account(s), Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

Your arrangement is therefore cancelled and WILL NOT be reinstated.

If full payment is not received in 4 days a bailiff will attend to recover full payment or remove goods.

Pay the council direct

There is no right of entry for the bailiffs no locksmith no nothing

You do not have to open the door to him or speak to them

Keep property secure and keep them out

Move any car to prevent a levy

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Just make sure any cars in the household are parked well away, as Jacobs WILL clamp any motor at or near your property, they may even clamp a neighbours car if it is near your property.,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks for the advice guys. There is my dads car parked on the drive, which is a shared drive. And also the work van (neither are owned by me) out the front of our house. Is it lawful for them to clamp a car without knowing who it belongs to? And If said vehicle was clamped illegally would it be legal for the owners of said vehicles to remove the clamps by use of industrial cutting equipment? I can move them both but if they're not mine why should they be able to clamp them?

They may clamp before checking who they belong to

They can not levy on goods not belonging to the debtor but that may not stop them

Cutting off a clamp is not recommended

As they messed yo around with payments start now paying the council direct and make the complaint to council about there agents

Your local MP should be informed and should help your case

I shall follow your advice! Thanks a lot for everyones help. I'll be back with any updates asap

Thanks for the advice guys. There is my dads car parked on the drive, which is a shared drive. And also the work van (neither are owned by me) out the front of our house. Is it lawful for them to clamp a car without knowing who it belongs to? And If said vehicle was clamped illegally would it be legal for the owners of said vehicles to remove the clamps by use of industrial cutting equipment? I can move them both but if they're not mine why should they be able to clamp them?

They WILL clamp the motors as Jacobs are like that ,when challenged they will rely on Observer v Gordon, as the precedent to assume any motor at or near the address belongs to the debtor. In one case Jacobs took and sold a VW camper at a debtors address for repair belonging to a third party, and had to get it back at great expense to themselves when ownership was proved by the third party. Be very careful with Jacobs, they are clasmp and tow happy.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Seems that I have had a similar experience to other people in this thread. Had an arrangement to pay an old council tax bill that I overlooked from a previous property, which was adhered to fully as I was making payments by phone on time every time. When it came to the last payment Jacobs stopped taking my calls....no matter when I called or how long I waited on hold they would not answer. A few weeks later and I got a hand delivered letter saying I owed £270!! I only had £43 left to pay on my plan and tried numerous time to clear it. Clearly this seems to be a deliberate act to increase their £££! Someone needs to do something about this company!!!

Is there anything that I can do about this? They claim to have sent me mail on 12th of May telling me that my payment plan had defaulted, which is a lie, I never received anything! I have phone records showing my repeated attempts at calling them to no avail!

Any advice would be good!

Thanks in advance

Seems that I have had a similar experience to other people in this thread. Had an arrangement to pay an old council tax bill that I overlooked from a previous property, which was adhered to fully as I was making payments by phone on time every time. When it came to the last payment Jacobs stopped taking my calls....no matter when I called or how long I waited on hold they would not answer. A few weeks later and I got a hand delivered letter saying I owed £270!! I only had £43 left to pay on my plan and tried numerous time to clear it. Clearly this seems to be a deliberate act to increase their £££! Someone needs to do something about this company!!!

Is there anything that I can do about this? They claim to have sent me mail on 12th of May telling me that my payment plan had defaulted, which is a lie, I never received anything! I have phone records showing my repeated attempts at calling them to no avail!

Any advice would be good!

Thanks in advance

Please start a new thread you will get better advice than on this one