Debt assigned to DCA - first dealings with them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I have been in serious debt for about 3 years now.

However I changed my life around after receiving some therapy and have been successfully managing dealings with the various credit card companies since day 1 of that 3 years.

I have been using a government sponsored scheme to negotiate with the creditors to

a)pay them reasonable amounts

b)freeze the interest

so I have some hope of getting out of this mess.

I have had success with all the credit card companies with both of these points and even paid 2 (of the 5) full and final settlements with the help of my mother-in-law. They accepted 32% in both cases saving me a massive amount of worry.

2 of the remaining 3 I have agreements to pay them a token amount until May of this year (having rejected my F&F) but the third one, Opus , have just sold my debt without telling me to a DCA.

I have never had any dealings with DCA's but reading some of your very helpful advice on other threads they don't seem a particularly pleasant bunch. I have no argument that the debt exists as I definitely owed Opus and was paying them an amount each month - and having spoken to Opus they say they have definitely sold the debt to the DCA.

What I would like to know are your thoughts on whether I should just continue paying these people the same amount I was paying Opus (all I can afford) and whether I should offer them a F&F in my first dealings with them. I just want this to go away and I have this offer of help from my mother-in-law but only up to a maximum 32%. Also are they entitled to see my Income and Expenditure?

It's worrying me tremendously. I should mention that I was diagnosed with a neurological terminal disease a few years ago (one of the reasons I got into so much trouble) and have serious mobility problems as a result. However in my own way I fully intend to be around for a while yet smiling all the way (as long as I can get rid of this debt!). My wife is long suffering and completely out of this world. A diamond.

I would be really grateful for your thoughts.

Cheers

bathtime

1st Credit, let alone a couple of miles from where i live xd.

Typical OPUS and 1st Credit...

Challenge first credit to see if they have a CCA :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

There is always a point to this!!! :)

IF the DCA doesnt hold a CCA then it cant be enforced in a court of law but they can still try for a CCJ :)

Also thought think of it like this. A DCA will normally return it if they dont have the CCA.

Then you continue payments to OPUS :)

Edited by fkofilee

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Sorry wasn't meant to be short fkofilee.

Opus have said they sold the debt to 1st Credit and I know it exists - wouldn't a CCA potentially just **** them off so they don't play ball as kindly. I know what you're saying , it's just that maybe I'm a bit too honest and want to clear a debt I did incur - not with these people obviously.

Thanks .

There are 2 types of DCA , Debt Buyers & Debt Administrators (Best way to describe them)

Lowell Financial are a debt buyer while companies like McKenzie Hall Will just administer.

I think first credit fall under the administration part and will just attempt collection and not Physically "Buy" the debt.

Sending a CCA Request is your RIGHT!!!! By Law you are entitled to request these documents.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis