Jump to content

Old bank statemnts


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hello and welcome to CAG.


That's a big ask 27 years on, isn't it? Did you speak to the bank?


Do you have any legal paperwork from when you bought it? Or there's a chance that the lawyer who dealt with it might have something.


I don't know what information the Land Registry would hold.


Please tell us more about your story and we can decide which is the best forum to advise you.


My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum




Link to post
Share on other sites


I have tried contacting the lawyer but the practice have no records going back to that time. The Land Registry shows the property in my mothers name. I also tried contacting the Woolwich but they can not help. I purchased the property in 1987 from cashed in investments and I need to find proof that I paid for it.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dooly,


Were you expecting the ppty to be showing as owned by you on the Land Registry.


You say above you purchased the ppty FOR your parents in 1987 which is perhaps why it shows as registered to YM.


Was it purchased outright, ie with no mortgage.


If the ppty is registered in YM's name, it will be treated as owned by her, regardless of who bought it. The only exception would be if a legal deed was drawn up at the time and registered with Land Registry to show your interest in ownership. Perhaps a Declaration of Trust would have been appropriate.


Have your parents now passed on, and the ppty is being dealt with as an asset of the deceased, as opposed to yours ?



We could do with some help from you

                                                                PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING



                                            Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.


Thanks !:-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you get proof that you cashed in the investments?




I have tried contacting the original investment company's, but they no longer hold any record of that far back. My solicitor, at the time arranged the cashing in of the policy's and I paid in the check into my Woolwich account and then paid for the property. The firm of solicitors are no longer practicing, I did get the Legal Ombudsman to check old files from my old solicitors, but they couldn't find my old records either.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...