New Director General appointed for CIVEA (The Civil Enforcement Association)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received the following Media Release:

MEDIA RELEASE

7 January 2014

For immediate use

New Director General for CIVEA ascivil enforcement enters new era

The Civil Enforcement Association (CIVEA) is pleased to announce the appointment of Stephen Caven as Director General. His appointment will be effective as from 1st April 2014 but for a two month period from that date he will work alongside the current Director General, Dr Steven Everson, to ensure a smooth transition.

Stephen Caven is a qualified lawyer who began his career in private practice. Moving into management of the magistrates’ courts he progressed to the national management team for the Civil and Criminal courts in England and Wales. As a Senior Civil Servant at the Ministry of Justice he has been involved in the development and implementation of a number of successful policy initiatives. He also has some recent experience in voluntary work for Citizens Advice and working for Victim Support.

Paul Caddy,the current President of CIVEA, said “I am delighted that Stephen will be joining us as Director General. Liaison with stakeholders and lobbying government are key aspects of this role. Stephen brings a wealth of experience of working with a range of stakeholders in the public, private and voluntary sectors. His knowledge of the machinery of government will be invaluable.”

Stephen Caven commented “I am very much looking forward to working with the members and Executive Council of CIVEA as we implement the long awaited legislative provisions in the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007. The Association has successfully advanced the case for well regulated enforcement which is effective whilst ensuring appropriate protection for the vulnerable. The new arrangements should bring welcome transparency on fees and clarity on procedures. As we embark on implementing these comprehensive reforms I am determined that we will continue to speak with a strong voice on behalf of our members.”

Steve Everson, the current Director General, said “I have every confidence that Stephen will prove to be an invaluable asset to the association in the years to come and assist the association and its members in facing the numerous challenges that the new regulations will undoubtedly bring.”

END

Edited by tomtubby