Cleared of theft after taking own car back (Marstons)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm surprised they didn't offer any evidence.

If the vehicle was genuinely seized and the debtor removed it without consent then he is certainly guilty of an offence.

If Marstons had done everything by the book they would have turned up at Court. Their non appearance in Court speaks volumes.ht in Court

They maybe wouldn't want any skulduggery coming to light in Court.

How it reads - i think its most likely either been paid, or the car sold to raise the money, and that being said marstons have their money so dont see the need to take action regarding him initially removing the car.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

How it reads - i think its most likely either been paid, or the car sold to raise the money, and that being said marstons have their money so dont see the need to take action regarding him initially removing the car.

Marstons snached the car back after police stopped the man a fortnight later whilst driving the car in the course of his business.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Marstons snached the car back after police stopped the man a fortnight later whilst driving the car in the course of his business.

Yes so they got the vehicle anyway so surely no need to take it any further once they got what they wanted. Hence why they didnt bother to turn up in court?

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Yes so they got the vehicle anyway so surely no need to take it any further once they got what they wanted. Hence why they didnt bother to turn up in court?

Makes Marstons look like plonkers to the babylon after they cried wolf though, and the police and CPS ran with it, perhaps Marstons should be done for wasting police time along with some other bailiffs who take the urine?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I couldn't respond sooner on this story as I only had access to my Blackberry.

I heard about this matter many months ago and if its the same case ( which I'm sure that it is) the bailiff company sold the vehicle and the debtor was prosecuted by the Police for criminal damage to the wheel clamp. Therefore, Marston Group would not have "cried wolf" as they were not persuing a case against the debtor.

PS: Please see corrected post below.

Edited by tomtubby

A correction. There are 3 prosecutions that I know of at varying stages of legal action regarding the removal of a wheel clamp and upon checking my files this afternoon this particular prosecution was by the police and was NOT in connection with cutting off a car clamp. His vehicle was sold by the bailiff company to clear their debt.

Instead, the police prosecuted the debtor regarding the OWNERSHIP OF THE VEHICLE. It was nothing at all to do with a wheel clamp.

Thanks for the clarification TT But in that case as case dismissed Who was the owner?