Urgent help needed with retail credit application...

Dixonator
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, a very strange one for me, and one that I would appreciate some help with.

Decided to get some things for the family from Currys the week before Christmas.

Went into the store and realised they do credit over 10 months.

Went through ID checks etc,

computer system instore processed everything,

management signed credit agreement, as did I

(copies of agreement attached).

All was well, family enjoying their gifts, when

a letter arrives today saying:

'Due to an administrative error our finance company has not been able to process your credit application.

We wish to resolve this matter with minimal inconvenience to you

and would be grateful if you would select one of the following options:

1. Please provide us with a copy of the agreement held by you.

2. Make alternative payment for the goods.

3. Contact us by telephone.'

(copy of the above letter attached)

All sounds rather strange to me, and they are being far too nice for someone I owe money to.

I want to make it clear that I have every intention of honouring the agreement authorised in store,

and will continue to authorise payments to be taken from my account until it is paid in full by October this year.

If they do not take them then I will do it manually with a reference number and follow up in writing.

I do not have the money to pay for the goods, and am I supposed to wrench the new gifts from the children

when Currys authorised this after running their checks and entering into an agreement with me instore?

Just after some advice really in terms of where I stand legally.

I would have thought they have to honour the agreement now, don't they?

Many thanks in advance to all who help with this one!

Edited by Dixonator

Im not really clued up on it, but i'd say as the agreements were signed, the app was processed and accepted, and goods released, that they wont have a leg to stand on. Which is why they are being so nice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the info renegadeimp.

I have a gut feeling they're in trouble on this one. Well, I'm still paying so not sure what the problem is. First payment due end of this month.

Sorry about the attachments, I uploaded and they shrunk!!

Sit tight and the regulars will come and advise.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Reading through that, it states they havent yet processed it. maybe they want to reprocess it?

have you contacted them to clarify what they mean?

Reading through that, it states they havent yet processed it. maybe they want to reprocess it?

have you contacted them to clarify what they mean?

I havent said anything yet.

Everything was processed on their in store systems and I had to wait for verification.

I may have scanned in a pre-check document, however on one of the other pages it clearly states I have been accepted with a signature of one of the managers who had to come over and approve the transaction and verify the application had gone through correctly.

I would expect it means that their usual creditor will not allow it

so they want to do another deal.

the credit check is only basic

it maybe you have a previous debt from years passed

with the creditor that does not show on basic check.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would expect it means that their usual creditor will not allow it

so they want to do another deal.

the credit check is only basic

it maybe you have a previous debt from years passed

with the creditor that does not show on basic check.

dx

So can they void the current agreement?

Or is it up to my discretion?

Why not just go with option 1 and provide a copy of the agreement in their pre paid envelope? Seems the easiest answer.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I think i agree about the lost paperwork. A totally moral person would send the paperwork in that possible includes your direct debit details. A less moral person might say ta very much now prove i have an agreement. Without knowledge and being a moral person i can not condone option 2

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I think i agree about the lost paperwork. A totally moral person would send the paperwork in that possible includes your direct debit details. A less moral person might say ta very much now prove i have an agreement. Without knowledge and being a moral person i can not condone option 2

Ok so general consensus is that it is an administrative error and to send the agreement copy into them?

And are they not bound by the agreement?

Maybe you could call their bluff and say you can not find the copy. See what they say.

If they ask you to complete another one, act all innocent and say something like " I am not sure I am happy with that , what happens if I don't want to do it"

All depends on your values and who am I to judge

Maybe you could call their bluff and say you can not find the copy. See what they say.

If they ask you to complete another one, act all innocent and say something like " I am not sure I am happy with that , what happens if I don't want to do it"

All depends on your values and who am I to judge

I'm tempted to say that I seem to have misplaced it, just so I know what they're doing and /or capable of behaving like if this is more than a clerical error.

I have every intention of paying for the goods, as per the arrangement, just want to know why they're being so nice. Perhaps they really did lose the documents, or perhaps they made a mistake and are trying to get out of the agreement as smoothly as possible.

Like they said, they had an admin error, so they need to process it again, which is why they want the app, or another method of payment.

All I was asking was..what would happen if you couldn't find it and didnt feel comfortable filling in a new form. After all they could find the old form and process t so you would be legally bound twice