What happens to posts that are reported

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on this site..

They go to site team or the orange people as I like to call them ... lol

For their consideration !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

The Orange People deal with them as soon as possible, how soon is determined by many factors, manpower being the main one.

They go to site team or the orange people as I like to call them ... lol

For their consideration !

No need to "like to think so". Thats what happens. If a post is defamatory, or can bring the site into disrepute through its contents ( ive been on the recieving end of that type of moderation), then it will removed and an explanation given via PM.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

One of the hamsters (the CAG server is powered by hamster wheels attached to small dynamos) is alerted. It gets off the treadmill and delivers a note (usually carried rectally) to the Site Team Manager, who is generally known as the King of the Orange People. The KotOP sends carrier pigeons to the rest of us, who ponder the matter deeply and, having reached a decision, convene in a large oak-paneled room with a stained glass ceiling somewhere in North London. We wear wigs and robes for the occasion. A verdict is pronounced, at which point the offender is taken through a narrow, windowless tunnel and hanged by the neck until dead.

Oh, OK. RPs are drawn to the attention of the team, who discuss them and take whatever action is needed. Quite often that is no action at all.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I like it when threads get closed by people who have taken no part in them, you?

I'm curious - would you rather active participants in threads closed them? If I get into a spat with you on a thread, wouldn't you be annoyed if I closed it because I didn't like what you were saying?

More to the point, would you believe me if I said that wasn't the reason for the closure? We ask disinterested colleagues to confirm our decisions, and that seems pretty reasonable to me.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

would be nice to get explanations sometimes exspecially when people have been giving help

might be nice to have a thread where it just gives name of thread and a one line reason such as - closed personal attacks

or - closed defamatory

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I think that's a really good idea. I'm sure the other guys will agree. I'll, er, report it!

Generally I would only want to see a thread closed where either the discussion has run out of steam or that the members within the thread have infantalised it so much that it serves no purpose. Or maybe, as you say, where there are defamatory posts.

**** me, they shouldn't be closed at all! PS: I am worse than Mussolini.

;)

I don't think I close all that many threads personally, but then I'm mainly found in the Benefits area, which is a bit of a CAG backwater.

However, there have been times when a person asking for help ends up faced with a deluge of people arguing about welfare policy, who should or should not be entitled to which benefit, whether the OP is a "worthy" recipient and so on. That gets canned - I'm not having it.

Yeah. I mean, we need to be clear about definitions of defamation. I mean, if I compare your views to those of Hitler, I'm not defaming you. If I claim that you invaded Poland last week, perhaps that's different.

Why invade poland? Theres nobody over there....... ( That was a joke btw)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

And lord knows CAG needs a degree of idiocy IMO.

ill add that just ask the wife....

plus ive got several dozen learning difficulties and acording to everyone that knows me several more...

i dont mind being the idiot of course its just causing difficulties in marrage

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: