Wonga problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan nearly a year ago with wonga. Got into some difficulties with paying it back. Arranged a fair payment plan with them and thought all was going well. After the first payment left my account I still received calls and emails saying I hadn't paid. To cut a long story short they had no record of my first payment or payment plan and carried on adding interest. I lost the will to live with them and their generic emails stating I should ring them and never once got any kind of human response to my complaints.

It was originally passed to debt colecters in July but when I explaind the whole mess to them they just passed it back to Wonga. Since August I have not heard a peep from them and decided to just let sleeping dogs lie while I sorted other debts out.

So my question is what should my next step be? What are the chances of them ever getting in touch again or just cancelling the debt?

Do I just start the process of setting up a plan again and hope they stick to it this time or shall I just ignore it untill they get in touch again?

Should add that I checked my online account and they have carried on adding interest although my first payment has now showed up from somewhere.

I genuinely want to pay the debt, as I have done with other loans, but I seriously lost the will to live with these lot last time round.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

do you have a record of it? a record of the payment?

if so, get a supervisor from wongas email address , email all info and wait to hear, then if they still mess around come back hear and someone will help you.

ive just started the process and ive learnt to keep a file with every email sent and received....EVERYTHING cos you never know when you will need it, always keep reference numbers, phone them and get them to acknowledge the payments if need be and get a name or an email confirming it

IT'S ALL IN THE DETAIL

If they arent chasing you, dont do anything

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yeah I do have a record of the payment, from both my bank and it is now showing when I log in my online wonga account, took months to show up though and they carried on adding interest during that time, I literally have hundreds of email from them, 90% of them are just generic "please call to resolve this" last time I rang I was on the phone for over an hour and got absolutely nowhere with them.

renegadeimp, what do you think the likely outcome is if I just leave it until they contact me?

Nobody knows. One things for sure, no matter what happens, they cant force you to pay unlawful charges and interest and cant force you into repayments you cant afford.

Youa lso NEED to stay off the phone. Everytime they tell you to phone them, send a quick email back DEMANDING they put everything inw riting as you will not, and will never be phoning them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D