Parking Eye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Appeal!

Once they reject your complaint they will give you a POPLA code for you to appeal to the 'independent' adjudicator (they're not really independent)

POPLA do reject PE regularly once you argue the charge.

I would also write to the Landowner an complain about PEs practices.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

was the store a chain or an independent? If the latter write to them and complain that you have been penalised for spending your money with them and say that if the service was quicker you wouldnt have got the bill from PE so you expect them to fork out the £100 as a tip for your custom!!

If a large chain write to them and explain that it would be impossible to go about your business and eat within the alotted time and what can they do toattract your custom ever again in the future as this has put such a damenper on the whole day that you are minded never to return there and probably avoid shopping with them anywhere else as well unless they can indicate where inside the store such a penalty for eating was prominenty displayed. The shop will be a little hamstrung as they only rent their premises but I'm sure that they will speak to the landlord (probably British Land or one of the other big developers) and this will have an effect in the long term. Meanwhile appeal the charge on the grounds that the charge does not represent the loss to the land owner or PE

My wife visited a retail park in the North of England just after christmas with her mother. After shopping they had lunch in one of the stores. She has just received a letter from Parking Eye asking for £100 for overstaying the maximum free stay by about 20 minutes.

Her next step?

She should appeal as the registered keeper,stating that the driver was spending money in the stores on the retail park. Include photocopies of any receipts.

This may get the charge cancelled,but if not,the rejection letter will contain details of how to appeal to POPLA. Update with PE's response.

Complain to the shops that she spent money in as well.

Thanks for the replies. My wife doesn't deny being there but just didn't see any signage. She visited a couple of Stores and then had lunch in Dunelm. She paid cash in a couple of stores but by card for lunch. Didn't keep the receipt but it should appear on her next statement.

Her mother is over 80,crippled with arthritis and registered blind and moves very slowly, hence the long stay. The charge for the overstay appears to be about £3 per minute which does not appear to me to be a reasonable charge.

Thanks for the replies. My wife doesn't deny being there but just didn't see any signage. She visited a couple of Stores and then had lunch in Dunelm. She paid cash in a couple of stores but by card for lunch. Didn't keep the receipt but it should appear on her next statement.

Her mother is over 80,crippled with arthritis and registered blind and moves very slowly, hence the long stay. The charge for the overstay appears to be about £3 per minute which does not appear to me to be a reasonable charge.

Once you have appealed to PE and the Landowner , should they fail to cancel the charge ensure that you go down the POPLA route based on genuine pre estimate of loss. The Parking Prankster has full details on his website. If you can obtain pictures showing inadequate signage then by all means include them in your POPLA appeal. I can also confirm that the DVLA are also interested in poor signage despite the fact that the British Parking association appear to condone it.