Ebay fees paid late - bully boy tactics by Transcom

Lewisimo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, so I paid my recent ebay invoice late, and have since received a letter and numerous phone calls from a company called 'Transcom'. It transpires that these are the bully boy debt collectors that ebay pass your invoice to if you do not pay in good time (this is the first time I have paid it late in over 4 years of using ebay). Anyhow, that aside, I paid the invoice over Christmas but since received a letter from Transcom for the original amount plus their 'administration fee' of approximately £18 (for what - jokers).

However, I had made payment to ebay for the full amount (less the Transom fee as that wasn't stipulated on my ebay invoice) after the date of their first letter, although I didn't receive the letter until AFTER i had made the payment due to the delay in the post over Christmas. They called again last Thursday, and stupidly I spoke to them and advised that I had paid the invoice, they then advised of their administration fee which is still outstanding. In my mind I have no intention of paying this fee, especially given that it s no way justifiable (tell me how one letter and a few attempted calls amount to £18).

I advised them of this on the call and hung up when they started to tell me how ''I still have to pay the admin fee etc etc''. What I would like to know is should I continue to ignore their calls, or is there a letter I can write to make the problem go away? I do not want to ignore the issue and find it will cause me a problem in a few weeks/months? It almost amounts to harassment now the number of times they have called. I am aware that I made the payment late on this occasion, however, this should not be an invite to other sharks to attempt to defraud me of additional monies, which is what I believe Transcom are trying to do.

I have no contract with these people. If anyone can shed some light on a sensible course of action I would appreciate it. Furthermore, they have just called me again today, twice.

So to summarise: 1) 2 x calls 07/01/2014 2) 1 x call 06/01/2014 3) 1 x call 02/01/2014 4) 1 x call 30/12/2013 5) 1 x call 27/12/2013 I have also received a text message from them in the meantime.

I think I should write them a letter. This is harassment. Can anyone else advise?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by citizenB

Hi,

They have no way to get you to pay this. A complaint to Ebay will just get passed back as they will have no interest once you paid them.

Transcom will go nowhere near a court for such a stupid amount.

If you do complain to Transcom, ensure you head the letter Formal Complaint and put:

"I acknowledge no debt to you."

The fact you paid before receiving any correspondence should shut them up (I hope)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Send them the letter I have linked you to below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone

There is more than one version, so use the one most suitable for your circumstances.

I do not believe they are permitted to add a collection fee, that aside, if you have now settled the ebay invoice then there is simply nothing to collect !! Send them a harrassment letter and tell them to go whistle !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Many thanks guys. While I am reluctant to enter into correspondence with them, I would rather nip it in the bud with a letter now. It's the principle of the matter that annoys me too. These are the kind of companies that bully people into paying fictional invoices that they should not legally be obliged to pay. It amounts to robbery, and it's simply not right. Will download that letter from above and send it on and see what happens next....

Send them the letter I have linked you to below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone

There is more than one version, so use the one most suitable for your circumstances.

I do not believe they are permitted to add a collection fee, that aside, if you have now settled the ebay invoice then there is simply nothing to collect !! Send them a harrassment letter and tell them to go whistle !

I had a look at the harassment letters, they seem just the ticket, but I also need to say something about 'acknowledging no debt' as mentioned above, what do we think? Do I approach it as a 'Formal Complaint letter', or a 'Harassment Letter'?

I would just head the harassment letter with Formal Complaint. Covers both bases then underneath just put the 'I acknowledge etc'

Template letters are there for you to adapt to your particular circumstances. :smile:

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I would just head the harassment letter with Formal Complaint. Covers both bases then underneath just put the 'I acknowledge etc'

Template letters are there for you to adapt to your particular circumstances. :smile:

Top man, thanks!

Ok, so I have composed this letter. If you guys can let me know your thoughts I would appreciate it: RE: FORMAL COMPLAINT Dear Sir/Madam, Reference No: XXXXXXX I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing. I spoke with one of your operators last week and advised that any outstanding amount requested by eBay has been paid IN FULL and accepted. I have no contract with your Company, and therefore I acknowledge no debt to you whatsoever. However, I am still receiving phone calls and I request that you cease ALL communication with immediate effect. I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone and aggressive tactic puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997. If you fail to comply with the above request and continue to harass me you, will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards, and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you may be liable to a substantial fine and/or other sanctions as they see fit. Be advised that any further telephone calls or subsequent correspondence from your company may be recorded and used in evidence, and I expect this harassment to cease immediately. Yours faithfully,

I removed the reference number on your post in case it was real.

That letter will do nicely.

I removed the reference number on your post in case it was real.

That letter will do nicely.

Thank you again. Stupidly it was the real reference, to be honest I didn't even consider that!