Orange Trying their luck

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased an Orange 1 month rolling contract chip which was £25 per month and included unlimited calls, texts and internet which I thought was ideal as my son likes talking too much. Anyway he decides to call a premium rate number to some chat line thinking it is free and guess what the bill was raised to £100 in call charges without me being informed or a call to say the account has been suspended because of this, I could not even talk to anyone as there was only a mobile customer services which I refused to use. Eventually I contacted them and told them to cancel the contract gave one months notice and did not use the phone until it was suspended. I then get a £200 bill not stating any breakdown of how this has occurred and saying your account has now been suspended.

I was shocked obviously I would have to pay for what has been used but not 200 any advice on this would be very much appreciated.

Mashmallow:mad2:

To be honest a premium number can be anything up to £9 a minuete (From what I have seen,) and due to it not being "capped," he can freely spend what he likes and it is yours/ his responsibility to make sure you don't call numbers that may cost this much. It would be in all the Ts and Cs unfortunately.

If you want a breakdown you may have to request it as on mine I only get "inclusive," "Premium," and "other" costs, but not an actual list underneath of what was called.

So I reckon with this you may be liable for the costs of the contact.

Yes I do agree but what I cannot accept is they suspended all calls when it reached the £100 mark so worst ways I would have been liable for £100 and only that amount and possibly the £25 for the contract so where or how can they charge for £200.

I just need some idea of what to write to Justify their charges.

Mashmallow

I contacted orange to question the 200 debt and was told even through the line had been suspended mx telecom still pursued their calls after 5 stops were placed, therefore although the line was suspended and I was assured no calls would be connected this occurred after. Am I stupid or is this not daylight robbery.

Please help

Mashmallow

It could be for premium texts that they send & then bill you for until you text "STOP" to them!

Google mx telecom, have a read, then complain to the telecomms watchdog

I don't see why you can't complain to Orange too, if it's for receiving premium rate texts then presumably these weren't received & should have been bounced by Orange if the account was suspended. Surely suspended means suspended, as in can't run up further costs. If Orange have accepted some, they should pay

Thank you so much for replying this is what I was getting at I cannot believe they have done this they lied, suspended means suspended no calls made or received whatever the kind, but they said this could still happen and it did to the sum of a further £80 I am it paying one penny to them and I have sent a letter to them stating this this is totally outrageous. I will also complain to the telecom company that did this I did text stop and so did my son I also called the office number and spoke to a person who took the details but hence nothing was done.

I just needed to clarify my argument first and I thank you for you prompt reply.

Many thanks

Mashmallow

Thanks for that information Orange have not given me any bill so I have no idea what is on the bill. I have written to them asking for that information so if they don't reply they will not be getting 1p out of me.

Thanks once again

Mashmallow

Thanks for that information Orange have not given me any bill so I have no idea what is on the bill. I have written to them asking for that information so if they don't reply they will not be getting 1p out of me.

Thanks once again

Mashmallow

but you would end up getting a default on your credit file

Write to their head office, get itemised bills, raise a complaint, tell them how you want them to resolve it

• 6 months later...

About a year ago I engaged in a rolling contract with Orange/EE for £25 per month which included unlimited calls, texts, and data,

I could cancel after 1 month.

I let my son use the chip because he has no money to get his own contract.

my son decided to call a mobile chat line which he thought was free

turned out to be premium rate calls to two different companies,

At the time both were none the wiser until Orange suspended the account

and then I found out eventually after a few occasions that the bill had now reached £100.

I told them to suspend and cancel the account

I also called the two numbers t stop sending these texes

and I was assured by Orange no more calls could be received from these companies.

I wrote to Orange and said I was holding them responsible for allowing this to reach £100 and I wanted a refund for this,

another letter came stating the bill was for £200, no reply whatsoever.

I did not pay anything worse ways all I would have owed them is £25 rental and maybe £50 for the calls as my son was part blame for this.

Lowells has now taken the debt over and want £427 or else court action.

What should I do Bryan Carter is on a mission now

Mashmallow

Tell the horrible little man that you owe nothing, and that you have begun a formal complaint with EE, and until it is resolved, no further correspondence will be entered into, if he feels lucky and wants to attempt to take legal action against you regarding this, then you will defend it robustly and counter claim against him and EE.

Start their complaints procedure and exhaust it, tell them that simply passing this onto a tame solicitor to threaten and intimidate you, now means that the complaint will be exhausted and you fully intend to escalate this beyond their control and have them investigated by CISAS.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/how-to-complain-to-the-ombudsman-about-a-mobile-phone-provider

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

SO this has now got as far a BC? ... Should have come here earlier... Complain to Lowell and EE.... Lowell will put the account on hold and advise them you are in dispute with EE.

Complain complain complain.... The fruits of your labour so come to fruition

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think you will be liable for the call charges

If you do not have all the bills/ statements I would send EE a SAR to get all the info on you

Your credit file will prob be trashed with this

Noodle is free check it there

• Confused 1

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I have just my noodle account and I got tis wrong the debt I thought it was is not, the debt the are chasing was years ago and not even on my credit file??

Have not got a clue where the dug this from???

Any idea when you last made a payment?

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

This illustrates the problem with the debt purchasing industry

People think that they the debt that they are claiming is something different because there is insufficient detail.

Does any of the correspondence from Lowell / BC mention Orange / EE?

What previous correspondence have you received about any of this?

Have you received any letters of assignment?

I think that your first move should be to write & email Lowell & BC saying that you have no idea what this alleged debt is and for them to provide proof that you owe this amount and that they are entitled to receive it. Put a sentence denying any liability to them or their clients at the top of the letter.