Cash Genie have taken +£600! - barclays wont help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi..

this has just happened to me..

i have got a refund back from ariste holdings tho.

i took out a cash genie loan an made the payments,

i then couldnt met the payments an cancelled my debit card

an told them the situation.

they called me in November an i set up a re-payment plan of £40 every month..

the first payment was taken, then 20th Dec

my wages went in my bank and without any warning 5 days before xmas an i have 2 children, they took £200

i called my bank (barclays) who told me there is nothing they can do,

i have to contact the company..

but in the meantime a further £151 + £90 + £150 + £60 + 50 + 111 totalling £811 had been taken,

i called ariste..

i was obviously upset an angry an was shouting that they had stolen my months rent an that i will now receive notice to leave,

my gas, electric, food everything.

. the man was called paul he said we are not here to put people in financial difficulties an offered me a refund of £631

i wanted all the money back but at least i got the majority back.

hope this helps someone because we all live with enough stress an worry without our money being robbed,

this should be against the law and where is our protection from the bank letting the same company go in an out ur account helping themselves. x

I sincerely hope everybody on this thread has reported Cash Genie and its parent and associated companies to the OFT and the FOS, if you don't you are wasting time posting on this thread.

Follow it through properly and you may even end up with a nice bit of compensation.

hi..

this has just happened to me..

i have got a refund back from ariste holdings tho.

i took out a cash genie loan an made the payments,

i then couldnt met the payments an cancelled my debit card

an told them the situation.

they called me in November an i set up a re-payment plan of £40 every month..

the first payment was taken, then 20th Dec

my wages went in my bank and without any warning 5 days before xmas an i have 2 children, they took £200

i called my bank (barclays) who told me there is nothing they can do,

i have to contact the company..

but in the meantime a further £151 + £90 + £150 + £60 + 50 + 111 totalling £811 had been taken,

i called ariste..

i was obviously upset an angry an was shouting that they had stolen my months rent an that i will now receive notice to leave,

my gas, electric, food everything.

. the man was called paul he said we are not here to put people in financial difficulties an offered me a refund of £631

i wanted all the money back but at least i got the majority back.

hope this helps someone because we all live with enough stress an worry without our money being robbed,

this should be against the law and where is our protection from the bank letting the same company go in an out ur account helping themselves. x

you MUST invoke the fsa's CPA ruling on your bank NOW>

New june 2013

Regulator orders Banks and mutuals to review complaints about not cancelling recurring payments from November 2009.

Consumers who have set up a regular payment from their account will now be able to successfully cancel that arrangement

by contacting their card provider, the Financial Conduct Authority said.

The FCA has been examining how easy it is for customers to cancel Continuous Payment Authorities (CPAs)

due either to payday lendersicon or for other regular payments such as subscriptions or gymicon memberships.

CPAs, which are also commonly called recurring transactions or recurring payments,

are relatively easy to set up but can be hard to cancel, causing problems for consumers trying to manage their finances,the FCA said.

Now, following the FCA review of how the largest high street banks and mutuals process requests to cancel CPAs, they have agreed that they will ensure that when a customer asks for a recurring payment to end, that will be sufficient to cancel the arrangement. They have also confirmed that should a payment go through by mistake following cancellation by a customer the customer will be refunded immediately.

In addition to securing this commitment, the largest banks and mutuals have agreed to review every individual complaint they have received about the non-cancellation of a CPA and to pay redress where payments have continued to be made despite the customer cancelling the arrangement. This applies to all complaints since November 2009 when the Financial Services Authority, the FCA’s predecessor, began regulating banking conduct.

Clive Adamson, the FCA’s director of supervision, said: “It’s important that consumers are confident that banks are meeting their everyday banking needs. Today customers can be confident that when they ask for a Continuous Payment Authority to be cancelled – it will be cancelled - and that it can be done easily.

“We recognise that historically this is an area where some customers have struggled but the banks and mutuals have responded positively to our work on this issue. From now on we expect them to be getting this right. In addition, they have committed to review past complaints.”

http://www.ftadviser.com/2013/06/28/regulation/regulators/fca-banks-have-to-cancel-recurring-payments-if-requested-UxbeHUuYQIy0SEYbGRE4tJ/article.html

Also mentioned your displeasure that as whomever took your money had obviously attempted this many times

probably activating your banks own anti fraud software - nobody had the decency to inform my you this was going on.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...