Ex partner obtained court orders by lying. Caused extreme distress

2ltr16valve

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My ex partner obtained court orders in September 2012.

These were.

Non molestation. Occupancy. Restraining orders I think

They pretty much meant I had to give her the children. Had one hour to leave the house. Could not contact her or the children until the next court hearing.

Now my gripe is. The ex went to the solicitors

To just sort out visitation as she had already walked out

And left me with the children twice. This time being the second time.

The solicitor convinced her that "little girls need their mummy" and to get these orders.

Now my ex suffers mental health issues and was not anywhere near stable when she did this. She has

Since told the court she did not know what it was she signed or what they meant. She also suffers from severe dyslexia.

Now. I could not come near my home. Near my children or to say sleep tight if a night time for around three weeks.

Since I have been given full residency of my children. Both the cafcass report and social services child protection team favoured me. There was nothing bad at all in regards to me in any reports.

Can I take action against the solicitors as they are well known for going for these orders without needing to. I don't doubt that some instances they are required but these seem to only do this. As I say they are well known in this area and will only represent women for this purpose.

Ty

I think perhaps you need to take a step back from this undoubtedly horrible situation and consider what it is that you want to achieve here? Taking any action against these solicitors is likely to be time consuming, expensive and unpleasant to say the least.

Ask yourself if all that hassle is really worthwhile? Would it not be better for both you and the children to let it go and get on with your lives?

If you really feel strongly enough to continue, perhaps you could contact the Solicitor's Regulation Authority (I think that's the right name, but Google should find them) as a first step. I don't think they can help directly as you were not the client of the firm you're complaining about, but they may be able to point you in the right direction.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

The solicitors coerced her into gaining the court orders and did not explain to her what they meant. As when they were put in place she went to court to withdraw them. But wasn't allowed too due to what the solicitor had told the court.

As I say this solicitors is well known for this as it's all they tend to do

Youd need to complain to the SRA then.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Youd need to complain to the SRA then.

Unfortunatley at the moment only a client can complain to the SRA. We have an adversarial Court system in the UK so it wouldn't make sense to hear complaints from every agrieved party.

Unfortunatley at the moment only a client can complain to the SRA. We have an adversarial Court system in the UK so it wouldn't make sense to hear complaints from every agrieved party.

Herein lies the problem. This solicitors are stitching fathers up, in the majority of cases with no foundation.

They made me look like a possessive, dehumanising, controlling lunatic. It was a case of guilty and I had to prove my innocence

I think the best you can do if you can is see if your ex will complain but at the end of the day you've been vindicated and should just move on. The solicitors may well just say they acted on instructions and had no reason to believe their client lacked capacity, lawyers have to be able to safeguard their clients' interests even if it turns out they were wrong.